New addition to the home gym

Parr8hed

Whether or not you end up using it, at least you are trying. Your food moderation will go a lot further than exercise, but I think it's great when people try and better themselves.

That's great advice from someone who has done well with weight loss. I needed to hear that. Thanks, SW.
  • Heart 1

P8, Last night I did my gym workout. In honor of this thread I looked at the concept rower, as I walked past it. <_<

Last night I was supposed to do my strength workout,

I took the fatbike out on the lake with the dogs, instead. I looked at my Bowflex and my weights when I walked by them to get a beer, afterwards.
  • Heart 1

Last night I was supposed to do my strength workout,

I took the fatbike out on the lake with the dogs, instead. I looked at my Bowflex and my weights when I walked by them to get a beer, afterwards.

I like weights. It is rare that I skip a weight workout. 

• Heart 1

I like weights. It is rare that I skip a weight workout.

Meh. I can take or leave them and if the chance presents itself to go outside....F'it, I'm going out. I had way more fun riding on the snow and ice than I would have had looking at the ductwork in my basement,

I have a fat rider.

Me too! It's me!

That waterfall is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the start of this: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/659606147

TK and I are going to do this trail at some point this summer.

:nod head:  One of the things I enjoyed about the C&O was the guidebook that noted abandoned buildings and structures along the way, and then actually seeing them along the ride and knowing what I was looking at.  I'd like to find or put together something like that for Lehigh Valley RR and the Link trail, but I'd guess many of the structures are torn down and gone. That pdf book about the railroad would be helpful, and the quarry is still there.  Maybe it would be easier to do it in reverse - see what's interesting along the trail then figure out what it was afterward...

• Heart 1

Me too! It's me!

:nod head:  One of the things I enjoyed about the C&O was the guidebook that noted abandoned buildings and structures along the way, and then actually seeing them along the ride and knowing what I was looking at.  I'd like to find or put together something like that for Lehigh Valley RR and the Link trail, but I'd guess many of the structures are torn down and gone. That pdf book about the railroad would be helpful, and the quarry is still there.  Maybe it would be easier to do it in reverse - see what's interesting along the trail then figure out what it was afterward...

Well, you have a local source.....

About the only things left along that portion are the old Town Of Lenox Reservoir and the quarry. The quarry is cool but kind of spooky/sad. Somewhere I read that some of the stone for the Erie Canal came out of there. One thing that flummoxes me is that there doesn't appear to have been a railroad siding at the quarry. I can't imagine hauling stone down Quarry Road with horses. (Look at the topo maps and you'll understand).

Ah! I didn't think we lived near each other. But I know a spot near me that looks a lot like that. Very nice!

your in the UP... everything looks like trees and streams up there.. Hell I will take a picture of a tree at my camp, and it would look like your backyard!...LOL

• Heart 1

So I have it torn down.  The moving parts seem to be in pretty good shape.  The good news is that you can still buy all the parts for these things on the website.  Apparently these old rowers have quite a following.  The two main support rails got sanded, primed and painted.  The rest of the parts are getting cleaned up.  The chain has some surface rust but appears in good shape so I will clean and lube it and re-assemble it.  I ordered new seat bearings, a new seat pad, new grips and a new pick up wire with sensor to make the computer work again. 

1D13FA98-8155-4AB1-9F99-7670E79AD100.jpg

5B579B43-1935-473D-8067-9C8414170791.jpg

BF155D0E-FCD0-4E58-BD73-18A1086E43DF.jpg

So how is that gay bearded guy working out for you? I see he disassembled the rowing machine... Are you going to make him put it back together?

He's Ok.  He seems to be much better when you feed him a constant stream of bourbon.  And yes, he will be putting it back together.

• Heart 1

So where is our movie of you working out...we have PROOF G-man did.... :P

I wish I could row right now...we got a new machine at work...quite fancy...I am thinking even 5 minutes during lunch would be good.

I will shoot you a video tomorrow.  I was on call last night and I am about zombiefied right now.  My feet are up and I am a fixin' to have bourbon.