21 day challenge

Parr8hed

The wife got me into this 21 day challenge thing. 

It's all about clean eating.  Has containers that come with it.  Makes it K.I.S.S.  Red (protein), green (veggie), purple (fruit) and yellow (carbs).  They are serving sized containers.  You find your weight on the chart and that tells you how many containers of each you can eat.  There are also oils, nuts, etc you can add in. 

There is a DVD every day.  30 min differs each day on what the workout is.  Pilates, Yoga, upper, lower, cardio. 

It's been great for me so far.  I am almost halfway through.  Hell, the other day I had 4 whole servings of veggies and two of fruit.  Serving sizes, well they have been a downfall of mine as has eating veggies and fruit.

This has come at a great time.  I had put on a few pounds when I hurt my back and was unable to ride/run. 

I'm feeling much better and have dropped a few lbs and much more energy.

• Heart 3

fruit could be in the carbs container.

Yea, there is a lot stuff that could go different ways.  This just makes it easy peasy.  I've been horrible about my eating choices in the past.  Really trying to work on it this time.

Tonight was chicken burgers (did put some cheese and bacon bits in them :blush: ) then quinoa with brown rice and broccolis. 

Is that the one that has been advertised on TV????  I saw that...and thought about buying another set of measuring cups.  I am slowly getting back on the treadmill and trying to watch my food intake and get back to better portion control.  I am no expert...but I have read my share of diets and tried my share as well...And I have to say I firmly believe portion control IS the most important thing followed by quality...and improving on those fruits & veggies..But bacon, pizza and ice cream are all doable as long as you maintain good portion control.

Is that the one that has been advertised on TV????  I saw that...and thought about buying another set of measuring cups.  I am slowly getting back on the treadmill and trying to watch my food intake and get back to better portion control.  I am no expert...but I have read my share of diets and tried my share as well...And I have to say I firmly believe portion control IS the most important thing followed by quality...and improving on those fruits & veggies..But bacon, pizza and ice cream are all doable as long as you maintain good portion control.

It's called 21 day fix.

Go to myfitnesspal.com and set up a free account. From there you can track your food to count calories and watch your nutritional data. The food database is comprehensive and if something you want isn't listed, you can enter the nutrtional information on your own. You can track your exercise. There's also an app for the iPhone and iPad. The important thing is to track eveything you eat, every day.

While I have quite a good grasp of the foods I should and should not eat, myfitnesspal.com is good to track the numbers.

I really don't understand the need for something like this.

Well for me it's about the serving size.  I know what I usually eat.  When I look at the serving size that I SHOULD have compared to what I usually get it's a dramatic difference.  I have been trying to stick with it.