LNRB

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Ralphie,

I need to cut up the two blocks of wood my kids will be racing in Feb at their meeting... I am slacking on it because I don't feel like doing it.. LOL

Maybe this weekend if the weather is warm enough. 

I could send you Ryan's car after it wins our derby.

This one could be fast.  He spent a lot of time on the axles and we balanced the weight so the center of gravity is about an inch in front of the rear axle.  Also made sure that we left the short end of the block to the rear this year.  

That square on top of the car is actually pieces of lead that we cut off a piece of vent stack flashing.  Got the car to 4.995 ounces before paint.  If we have to, we can drill out from under the car tonight at weigh in.

Ok... I do not know much about building this thing.. I was just going to cut it for them, or just give them a knife to widdle it down to what they like.... Hell, now you got me needing to read the rules for this stupid event! 

Ok... I do not know much about building this thing.. I was just going to cut it for them, or just give them a knife to widdle it down to what they like.... Hell, now you got me needing to read the rules for this stupid event! 

Rules?…… Rules?……  Rules are made for other people"

William Stephen "Bill" Belichick

• Heart 2

Call me.  You know how to get my number if you do not have it.  I will be glad to tell you what I know.  

Basics are

1.  File and polish the axles. (Tons of stuff on youtube about this)

2. Find out your maximum weight and get the car as close to that as possible.  Keep the weight as low and as far back in the car as possible, but keep the center of gravity 1" in front of rear axle.

3. Use lots of graphite on the wheels hubs and axles.

4. Let your kid do the work, teach him the whys and hows.  Ryan has been doing this for years and knows all the tricks.

5.  Remember that Scouting is FUN with a purpose.  

I'd like a shirt please, preferably one that is right side in.  I trust you, I got my popcorn.

You ordered your popcorn direct from Trails End.  Ryan just got credit.  I suck at shippng stuff.  But if you really want one, PM me your size and shipping address.  I was barely able to type that without laughing....

Call me.  You know how to get my number if you do not have it.  I will be glad to tell you what I know.  

Basics are

1.  File and polish the axles. (Tons of stuff on youtube about this)

2. Find out your maximum weight and get the car as close to that as possible.  Keep the weight as low and as far back in the car as possible, but keep the center of gravity 1" in front of rear axle.

3. Use lots of graphite on the wheels hubs and axles.

4. Let your kid do the work, teach him the whys and hows.  Ryan has been doing this for years and knows all the tricks.

5.  Remember that Scouting is FUN with a purpose.  

Oh... I got your number! LOL

• Heart 1