I need vitamins, and I don't want to do too much thinking about this. What do you suggest I buy?

Randomguy

Nothing, everything.  Depends on what you read.

I take a multivitamin for senior men, 5k units of vit d, 81 mg baby asa, fish oil and ginkgo biloba each day.  Does any of this help?  I have no idea.  Is it all a waste of money?  Possibly.  I also eat vit c like it's candy.  I rarely get sick which is impressive since I haven't slept through the night in over 12 years.

Citrus fruits, beans, leafy green vegetables, seasonal fruits and vegetables in bright colors, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, lean meat and fish, yogurt and some whole grains like quinoa, lentils, oats.  Malted barley mixed with water hops and yeast is good too.

Too much trouble, except the last bits.

Nothing, everything.  Depends on what you read.

I take a multivitamin for senior men, 5k units of vit d, 81 mg baby asa, fish oil and ginkgo biloba each day.  Does any of this help?  I have no idea.  Is it all a waste of money?  Possibly.  I also eat vit c like it's candy.  I rarely get sick which is impressive since I haven't slept through the night in over 12 years.

Which multivitamin?  What is baby asa?  I need information!

Remember when I decided I needed extra protein and asked if there was a good one that mixed easily and tasted good and wasn't overly expensive and Smudge called me an asshole for not buying the one she was buying, then supplied a link to the one she was buying?  I used the link and bought that protein and used it happily, and I didn't have to reinvent the wheel.  That is what I am trying to do here.

Vegetables and fruits are your friends, Randomguy.

You see, this just isn't helpful.  I asked a very specific question, and you decide to call me an asshole and rape my dead ancestors with celery root and piano legs, and I still don't know what to buy without thinking too hard.  I know you mean well, but I am looking for advice specific to supplementing my diet with supplements and such.

Doctors are assholes, and have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to medicine, only the vitamin companies have the scoop there,  I am gonna listen to them.   :whistle:

I am probably deficient in most vitamins that have been discovered.  I generally eat a healthyish diet, Old#7, Destination, and the rest of you, occasionally supplemented by cool beer.  However, I have massive reflux most nights regardless of how I eat, so I pound medication designed to stop this, and my guess is that it has significantly hampered my ability to properly process the food and turn it into nutrients and not sloppy wall-painting shart attacks.

I don't actually have shart attacks, but it sure sounded evocotive to say that.  I also don't sleep well at night, both in quantity and quality of sleep, and live in a stressful place with many constraints on health and well-being.  So I am guessing vitamins may in fact be somewhat of a benefit in my situation.

Doctors are assholes, and have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to medicine, only the vitamin companies have the scoop there,  I am gonna listen to them.

I am probably deficient in most vitamins that have been discovered.  I generally eat a healthyish diet, Old#7, Destination, and the rest of you, occasionally supplemented by cool beer.  However, I have massive reflux most nights regardless of how I eat, so I pound medication designed to stop this, and my guess is that it has significantly hampered my ability to properly process the food and turn it into nutrients and not sloppy wall-painting shart attacks.

I don't actually have shart attacks, but it sure sounded evocotive to say that.  I also don't sleep well at night, both in quantity and quality of sleep, and live in a stressful place with many constraints on health and well-being.  So I am guessing vitamins may in fact be somewhat of a benefit in my situation.

Make sure to get some suppositories too then.

Make sure to get some suppositories too then.

RB threw up a few nights back, she had a fever.  We had baby butt suppositories that we used to get her fever down.  I have never tried them myself, though, I just can't imagine sticking anything up my butt and not feeling really weird about it.  I wonder if RB feels weird about that?

I am thinking something more high-falutin' than Centrum, though.  I am just guessing that they are competing in the low-cost realm for a reason, and am deeply suspicious of their efficacy.

Here, buy these:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-MENS-MEGA-EXTREME-Multi-Vitamin-Athlete-Sport-Nutrition-Mens-Mega-60-caps-/251397587984

Or just head to GNC or Whole Foods and really get the good stuff.

I just take whatever multivitamin I happened to find on sale.  I get so much from my normal eating patterns that the multi is just a little insurance to get everything.  I probably don't need it.

Also, I choose to take a little extra vitamin D and fish oil.  I do this to hopefully prevent future MS attacks.  Again, just a little insurance.

Which multivitamin?  What is baby asa?  I need information!

Remember when I decided I needed extra protein and asked if there was a good one that mixed easily and tasted good and wasn't overly expensive and Smudge called me an asshole for not buying the one she was buying, then supplied a link to the one she was buying?  I used the link and bought that protein and used it happily, and I didn't have to reinvent the wheel.  That is what I am trying to do here.

Smudge called you an asshole?? Dayam, I like that girl!!!!  ;)

P.S. I hear she uses generic Centrum 50+, FWIW.

• Heart 2