OH HELL YES!!!

Dirtyhip

Schedule is released!!!  I am so stoked I can barely sit still right now.  

SANTA CRUZ & BELL OREGON ENDURO SERIES 2015 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE **THIS IS OUR TENTATIVE SCHEDULE THAT WILL BE FINALIZE SOON** RACE #1 – BEND – JUNE 6TH & 7TH
RACE #2 – HOOD RIVER – JUNE 20 & 21ST
RACE #3 – TBA – AUGUST 22ND & 23RD
RACE #4 – MT HOOD/SANDY RIDGE – SEPTEMBER 12TH & 13TH
RACE #5 – BONUS RACE TBA – EARLY OCTOBER
  • Heart 1

Elevation, as in how much of a decent will you be going down.. 

More or less what is the starting elevation and the finishing elevation.. how fast of runs, and slower sections... just show me pictures of the damn mountain! 

So stoked you can barely sit still... Hee hee. I love it.

What's your plan? Chose one or two? Hit 'em all?
What sort of training plan do you have? Is June kinda early for your area?
Are these race sites fairly close to you?

I totally get the "I'm so stoked" feeling. I'm not a strong rider like you, but I totally get into my events too. And I love the idea of a "Bonus Race." Yay! Gimme more! Ha!

So stoked you can barely sit still... Hee hee. I love it.

What's your plan? Chose one or two? Hit 'em all?
What sort of training plan do you have? Is June kinda early for your area?
Are these race sites fairly close to you?

I totally get the "I'm so stoked" feeling. I'm not a strong rider like you, but I totally get into my events too. And I love the idea of a "Bonus Race." Yay! Gimme more! Ha!

I plan to register for the entire series, health permitting.  I'm not talkin about my little MS buddy, I am talking about gettin crashed/smashed up.

Training plan:

Hill repeats to keep the cardio vascular systems strong

Weight lifting - and then a pre-event taper (don't want torn tissue for a race)

Do shuttle practice runs to get faster and even more brave

watch mountain bike videos and try to mimic how the big boys ride down the hill. Watch their position on the bike, their cornering and how they drop in.  I will also watch point of view go pro vids of fast riders.  

Nutrition will also be a huge focus for race prep.  

I plan to get deep tissue massages 2 days before and after every event.  This has been working for me,lately.  It's like my tuneup.

Obstacles:

Heat and moisture. 3 of the races last year required full face.  Even though I have a super fancy light helmet...I get hot and my goggs fog up.  Heat is huge problem for me.  I need to practice and learn how to flip the goggs fast.  When they fog...game over.  I have to just toss them away. You can't see.

June is early, but with our winters lately it will most likely be fine. The races are all throughout Oregon.  Closest race being 1.5 hours and the farthest one at 6 hours.

I compared my Strava times to the times the girls rode at the Ashland Enduro.  I honestly think I will do quite well with this type of racing. The race structure focuses more on technical abilities than cardio strength. XC is mostly who can climb fast.  You may make up some time on the descents, but that won't win an XC race for ya.

exceptional DHing skills help John Tomac win quite a few XC races over guys like Ned Overend.

It does help, but let's face  the facts.  Most of the race time is spent in the pedals doing climbs.  Downhill makes up a smaller portion of the overall race time.  XC does favor the cardio monsters.

Why did you post this?  It makes no sense in this thread.

Look at your thread title.  Listen to the song.  Get back to me on that no sense thing.  Pay careful attention at around 1:50 and 3:00.  My mind works in a very weird way.  it associates certain phrases to film and video.  Always has, always will.  That is what makes this such a great place.  We all act and think differently and are generally tolerant of others quirks and foibles and follies.