Mooseknuckle

Dirtyhip

He just walked up to my desk, in full kit and dripping in sweat from his 1.75 mile ride.  He was standing there until he got my full attention, after my phone call.

Then, he says to me "I rode my bike today"

I reply "Really? I thought that you were just dressed up for your meeting." 

:facepalm:

Can someone take my letter opener away from me?  I am ready to plunge it into some soft tissue.

• Heart 1

Really?  A whole 1.75 miles?  How sweaty can you get from a 1.75 mile ride?   :scratch head:

There is this short hill that you climb to get here.  It's about 200 feet.  This kills him.  He often pushes his bike up it.

If he rode more, he would get stronger, but he doesn't stick with it enough.  Everyday, he is like at ground zero again.

I dislike how he craves my attention so much.  It's great that he is active.  It just makes me uncomfortable with the things he does.   The guy is just the most annoying and obtuse person.  

It's clear he likes you.  Set him straight.  Have a private talk with him letting him know you are happily married.  Period.  End of discussion.

He won't stop stalking you - this is only the beginning.

• Heart 1

He's a stalker, trust me.

He is too pathetic to be afraid of.  I am not concerned about him doing anything but this posturing that he does in the office.  

He knows my husband and I know his wife.  

Maybe he has some mental disability that prevents him from understanding social nuances.  Aspergers syndrome or something similar.

Maybe he has some mental disability that prevents him from understanding social nuances.  Aspergers syndrome or something similar.

Then to be fair to him and to end his annoying behavior, you should speak to him directly, rationally, and professionally that his behavior disturbs you and that you would prefer that he not speak to you except about work related matters.

He will never learn to read your discomfort, so regrettably it's up to you to take action if you want his behavior to stop.  Theoretically, you shouldn't have to. But unless you do his behavior is very likely to continue and you won't get the change you seek.

Of course, it does provide interesting material for us to read so I imagine many of us would be fine if you just let things be...  ;)

• Heart 1

I dislike how he craves my attention so much.  It's great that he is active.  It just makes me uncomfortable with the things he does.   The guy is just the most annoying and obtuse person.  

Sounds a little like you have a crush on him... I'm telling K

• Haha 2

He is too pathetic to be afraid of.  I am not concerned about him doing anything but this posturing that he does in the office.  

He knows my husband and I know his wife.  

Or circulation problems - too little blood to his noggin.

• 8 years later...