I think they got it covered

Square Wheels

Last month I hit a pothole that almost swallowed my car.  Tore two large holes in my tire.

In Massachusetts, and I imagine most states, there are laws that prevent citizens from collecting from the state.  I got lucky, this was a construction site.  The construction company is paying, they just want me to sign this release.

SETTLEMENT AND GENERAL RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS

In consideration of payment by [some company] in the amount of One Hundred Eighty Six Dollars and 90 Cents ($186.90) to [me] claimant, his/her/their agents, successors, executors, insurers, lenders, heirs and assigns hereby release, cancel, forgive and forever discharge [some company], its officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, employees, agents, successors, subsidiaries, affiliates, executors, insurers, heirs and assigns from all actions, claims, demands, damages, obligations, liabilities, liens, controversies and executions of any kind or nature whatsoever, including but not limited to property damage or personal injury, whether known or unknown, arising out of or relating to conditions at [some company] job site at the Bowker Overpass in Boston, Massachusetts on or about the 9 this alleged to have caused damage to Claimant’s 2012 Toyota Cosmic Grey Camry. Claimant acknowledges that the above amount is being paid for settlement purposes only and[some company] is making no admission as to liability with respect to the damage claimed.

They are saying if you want the money, you sign a statement that says they're off the hook for any further claims.

If you already have the check in hand, it's up to you whether to sign it or not.

If not and you want the money and $186.90 is the extent of your damages, then sign the form.

I'd suggest if you hit a pot hole so big it ripped up your tire then you might also need a front end alignment, you should have the rim checked to see if it's bent, and see if any of the front end components are damaged before you sign.  Most shops will do these checks for free and write you up an estimate, so I don't think you have anything to lose but some time.