The design of the pump on lotion bottles is totally inadequate

Mr. Silly

It is impossible to get the last 20% of the lotion out of the bottle.  I bet patents for better designs that can get all the lotion out are being bought up by a consortium of Big Global Lotion Corporations so we have to buy a new bottle before we've used up the bottle we have.

I saw the top off the bottle, and scoop out the rest.  Nothing gets wasted.  I do the same thing with toothpaste.  

However, these days I just tend to make my own lotion or use a combo of 100% shea or coconut oil on my skin.  Lotion is kind of a racket.  You can make that crap for cheap.

I saw the top off the bottle, and scoop out the rest.  Nothing gets wasted.  I do the same thing with toothpaste.  

However, these days I just tend to make my own lotion or use a combo of 100% shea or coconut oil on my skin.  Lotion is kind of a racket.  You can make that crap for cheap.

I unscrew the tops and use the pump to scrape what I can off.  I guess I could try cutting the whole top off.  

How do you keep it from drying out?  ... or isn't that a problem.

I unscrew the tops and use the pump to scrape what I can off.  I guess I could try cutting the whole top off.  

How do you keep it from drying out?  ... or isn't that a problem.

I use a piece of recycled plastic wrap from the last time I made bread or something.

I reuse plastic wrap, I wash ziplock bags, and try to make my money stretch as far as I can.

It is impossible to get the last 20% of the lotion out of the bottle.  I bet patents for better designs that can get all the lotion out are being bought up by a consortium of Big Global Lotion Corporations so we have to buy a new bottle before we've used up the bottle we have.

you use a lot of lotion? :whistle:

I use a piece of recycled plastic wrap from the last time I made bread or something.

I reuse plastic wrap, I wash ziplock bags, and try to make my money stretch as far as I can.

While you may be clinically insane, I wish you would talk to RW and convince her that making full use of something is an ok idea.

While you may be clinically insane, I wish you would talk to RW and convince her that making full use of something is an ok idea.

Dude, of course.

The only time I do not wash plastic is when I have stored raw meat in it.  I have a drawer that has my plastic reusables in it, so my house doesn't look like a hoarder.