How will the NFL try to handle this mess?

Former member

We need the Patriots. Geesuz, keep the Dolts out of it. Any penalty should come after the Stuper Bowl. Doc 'em a draft pick of some kind and move on.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if we lose --- we'll of course I do --- but as a fan I want to see the two best teams play. I can't imagine anybody else wants to see the Colts except maybe the Indy fan. The Pats would have smoked 'em with more pressurized balls anyway. Perhaps as punishment, the league can spot the Colts 40 points next year and ensure regulated footballs. Maybe they could get at least a tie then.

We need the Patriots. Geesuz, keep the Dolts out of it. Any penalty should come after the Stuper Bowl. Doc 'em a draft pick of some kind and move on.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if we lose --- we'll of course I do --- but as a fan I want to see the two best teams play. I can't imagine anybody else wants to see the Colts except maybe the Indy fan. The Pats would have smoked 'em with more pressurized balls anyway. Perhaps as punishment, the league can spot the Colts 40 points next year and ensure regulated footballs. Maybe they could get at least a tie then.

I know what you are saying, but I'm not happy with this.

No one wins now.

If the Pats win, They cheated. If the NFL actually proves the Pats cheated, and Seattle wins, they beat a team that didn't deserve to be there.
  • Heart 1

Good. You had me concerned. If you were to drop off w/ your tail between your legs, who the hell would banter with me?? Chin up Boxy. That way we can see if you have a glass jaw.

The Pats will fuck up Seattle in the SB, but I dread listening to your fucking excuses.

Cheat this...

Cheaters that.

You'll never stop crying that you were robbed.

The NFL should have denied any wrongdoing, and let the game be played.

This whole situation looks bad for the NFL.

Would only make a bad situation worse. Goodell told the Saints ignorance is no an excuse when they banned their head coach. Looks bad if they do not follow this with the Pats

Assuming the NFL can prove the Patriots tampered with the footballs, how do you THINK they will handle it?

I'm NOT asking how they SHOULD handle it, but simply "HOW ARE THEY GOING TO HANDLE IT?", in your opinion?

I think that the evidence is crystal clear that they did tamper with the balls, as they were not inflated to within the range specified, you gotta take the "ifs" right out of there.  

Big ass fine, take the first rounder, suspend the responsible party (either Belichick, Brady, or JMcD) for half a season, force them all to get "CHEATER" tattoo's on their foreheads.  This is because they are cheating bastards and the world likes to punish cheating bastards, and to deter other would-be cheaters in the future.

• Heart 1

Not quite.  Kam is not a dirty player.  In the 3 years I've been watching him play... I've never seen him get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The guy's a clean player.  He just hits hard and within the rules --- something your safeties don't know anything about.  Speaking of which, who are those no name guys??

Gronk is an all-pro.  We've got 3 all-pro safeties and corners.  I'll go on record and say Gronk makes some plays but not nearly enough.

Oddly enough, a site called "CheatSheet" is picking the Pats to win.  Then they try and explain why.

It should be a great game.  But we are approaching Super Bowl week, and as I've stated earlier, it's time to ramp up the game talk.

By the way, we should all take heed to what author kofi-bofah has to say.  It must be so.

Ok, egg on my face.  I make a statement and then look up the facts afterwards.  Silly me.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ChanKa99/penalties/.

Probably should have clarified with "in 2014".

:D

Well, when you compare those numbers against this poor bastards numbers, it looks pretty even.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GronRo00/penalties

never gonna happen.

You know your team sucks when you start talking about injuring players in order to help your chances.

Your fans suck when you've got to accuse us of using old school Raider tactics to shut down your self proclaimed beast.  So guys like you can understand what I'm talking about here, let me spell it out for you,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2340402-kam-chancellor-up-to-task-of-neutralizing-rob-gronkowski

Your fans suck when you've got to accuse us of using old school Raider tactics to shut down your self proclaimed beast. So guys like you can understand what I'm talking about here, let me spell it out for you,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2340402-kam-chancellor-up-to-task-of-neutralizing-rob-gronkowski

you are the one making a reference to the backup TE. How should I have taken that?

The Pats will use the scandal as fuel. They play their best when everyone is against them.

This year after the loss to KC, they went on a run against the teams everyone was saying we're the best(at that time).

This sounds exactly like our mantra.  Our last loss was the KC game after the Harvin trade.  As the Super Bowl champs, we played the toughest schedule.  I'm talking smack all week but this oughtta be a really good game.  Seriously.  Deflategate is not going to get in the way.

This sounds exactly like our mantra. Our last loss was the KC game after the Harvin trade and we haven't lost since. As the Super Bowl champs, we played the toughest schedule. I'm talking smack all week but this oughtta be a really good game. Seriously. Deflategate is not going to get in the way.

actually, you played the toughest projected schedule.

Here's the official list.  We had slightly tougher than the Pats but close enough.  Now you see why the Colts were a fraud.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/115715/2014-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Rank Team Opponent Win Pct.

1 Oakland Raiders .578

2 Denver Broncos .570

3 St. Louis Rams .564

4 San Diego Chargers .563

4 San Francisco 49ers .563

6 Seattle Seahawks .561

7 Kansas City Chiefs .559

8 Arizona Cardinals .547

9 New York Jets .520

10 New England Patriots .516

11 Atlanta Falcons .512

12 Miami Dolphins .508

13 Green Bay Packers .504

14 Buffalo Bills .500

15 Chicago Bears .496

16 Detroit Lions .492

17 Washington Redskins .490

18 Dallas Cowboys .488

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers .484

20 Philadelphia Eagles .479

21 Minnesota Vikings .477

22 Carolina Panthers .473

23 Cincinnati Bengals .469

23 New Orleans Saints .469

23 Pittsburgh Steelers .469

26 Cleveland Browns .465

26 New York Giants .465

28 Baltimore Ravens .461

29 Jacksonville Jaguars .453

30 Houston Texans .441

31 Tennessee Titans .438

32 Indianapolis Colts .430

Here's the official list. We had slightly tougher than the Pats but close enough. Now you see why the Colts were a fraud.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/115715/2014-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Rank Team Opponent Win Pct.

1 Oakland Raiders .578
2 Denver Broncos .570
3 St. Louis Rams .564
4 San Diego Chargers .563
4 San Francisco 49ers .563
6 Seattle Seahawks .561
7 Kansas City Chiefs .559
8 Arizona Cardinals .547
9 New York Jets .520
10 New England Patriots .516
11 Atlanta Falcons .512
12 Miami Dolphins .508
13 Green Bay Packers .504
14 Buffalo Bills .500
15 Chicago Bears .496
16 Detroit Lions .492
17 Washington Redskins .490
18 Dallas Cowboys .488
19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers .484
20 Philadelphia Eagles .479
21 Minnesota Vikings .477
22 Carolina Panthers .473
23 Cincinnati Bengals .469
23 New Orleans Saints .469
23 Pittsburgh Steelers .469
26 Cleveland Browns .465
26 New York Giants .465
28 Baltimore Ravens .461
29 Jacksonville Jaguars .453
30 Houston Texans .441
31 Tennessee Titans .438
32 Indianapolis Colts .430

i said the Colts were a fraud all year long.

Unless they draft great, and attract top free agents, they'll never be a great team.

When you have a great record, it's hard to get top draft picks. That is what makes the Patriots record over the last 14 years so impressive.

Marino was so good for so long, they never had a chance for a top draft pick.

Everyone passed on Gronkowski, but the Pats were so solid that they gambled on his health. Upstart teams can't risk a top draft pick on a player with injury issues.