Do you find it a little difficult

SuzieQ

Yes / No.

Last year was pretty tough for me.  I lost a friend / coworker to brain cancer.  Then we all lost a good online friend in Chopped Liver.

We all need to find a way to grieve and honor those friendships.  I spent far too much of my life being sad, I find the best way to honor those who have died is to live life as fully as possible.

I didn't know Randy as well, but I try to have many positive thoughts about him whenever I think of him.  We will all die, he just got screwed and had his number called out of turn.  It's unfair.

• Heart 1

I'm right there with you Suzie, but I think it's actually made me post more. I seem to feel the need to respond and be a little more in the middle of things rather than spend the bulk of my time lurking in the shadows. I guess it's made me adopt kind of a "do it while you still can" attitude... :unhappy:

• Heart 3

Yes / No.

Last year was pretty tough for me.  I lost a friend / coworker to brain cancer.  Then we all lost a good online friend in Chopped Liver.

We all need to find a way to grieve and honor those friendships.  I spent far too much of my life being sad, I find the best way to honor those who have died is to live life as fully as possible.

I didn't know Randy as well, but I try to have many positive thoughts about him whenever I think of him.  We will all die, he just got screwed and had his number called out of turn.  It's unfair.

I get what you're saying. Last year was brutal for my wife and me. We lost 8 people we were close to in varying degrees. It seemed like it was never going to let up... and it still hasn't.

No.  

His news is tragic and it does make me very sad.  I will die someday as well.  Today, I am still alive and well.

My disease makes me want to live happily every day for as long as I am able.  There could be a future for me that is bleak.  Right now is not that reality. I live each day to the fullest.

• Heart 4

No.  

His news is tragic and it does make me very sad.  I will die someday as well.  Today, I am still alive and well.

My disease makes me want to live happily every day for as long as I am able.  There could be a future for me that is bleak.  Right now is not that reality. I live each day to the fullest.

That's a good attitude to have, DH. 

• Heart 1

to carry on a conversation with the sad news about Randy?  I kinda feel guilty joining in a fun conversation...   :(

No, goddamnit, no.  At first, yeah, you don't know what to say, you feel like crap about the whole situation and you can't do squat about it.  So what do you do then?

If it were me and I was battling something scary, I would come here to hobnob with my friends and not be bummed the fuck out.  This is a place where the immediacy of things, serious things, can be displaced mentally for a time, and people can be free to say pretty much anything at all times and not feel bad about crappy things in real life.  I would want jokes to fly, banter to be bantered, heavy maundering to be taking place, all as usual.

When Refugee Rat was dying, I posted that I wanted to test theories about reaching out from the grave, zombification, and other assorted things in a number of posts, as things came up.  I got a PM saying how grateful she was that I was "normal" with her.  That was pretty near the end, but I would want you bastards making me laugh rather than making me feel weird as fucking hell, even if I was just lurking.

I get what you're saying. Last year was brutal for my wife and me. We lost 8 people we were close to in varying degrees. It seemed like it was never going to let up... and it still hasn't.

This happens as we age.  When I was young, almost no one that I knew or even any of my older relatives ever seem to die.  

When my father died in 1990, almost all of my family was still alive (my generation and the one before me, aunts, uncles, cousins, even one grandmother).  But in the next ten years, they all passed away, one by one, in what seemed like a never ending succession of funerals.  Today, I only have a few cousins left, I think.  I'm out of touch and not sure.  

Dying is not that sad of an event for me.  It is just part of life.

I will have to say no.  A situation like this would hit me harder if a personal friend were involved.  Even so, I would not feel guilty to live a normal life, to have fun conversations, to enjoy life.  Speaking from experience, I dont want others to live differently because I am dealing with a difficult situation.  and, as has been stated, I and my family wanted to be treated as normally as possible.