So, SQ's question got me thinking...

UglyBob

How do you deal with adversity?  DH seems to have chosen to look it straight in the eyes... and then kick it in the groin. SQ has a more peaceful, even keeled approach. What is your mechanism for coping with all of the crap the world throws at you?

With my health issues of the past couple of years and all of the deaths within my limited circle, I feel a little like I'm look down the barrel of mortality's gun. One side effect is that I've started writing again. In the past couple of months I've gone from nothing to seven chapters in the can. I think the writing has provided me with an escape hatch into a world where I'm in control. Bad things can only happen if I write it that way. It has also given me a space to work through emotions that I otherwise have trouble expressing.

I am a realist.  Due to the job I see a lot of death and I believe that I approach it differently.  I know it's coming and I am at peace with that but I still try to live every day.  I try not to ignore the kids and try to be a pleasant person.  It does not always happen though.