Sad news on Stuck

madcity

:(

Randy is the second person that I have known who has passed away from melanoma.  My best friend at work died from it.  Please see a dermatologist if you have any unusual growths or moles on your body that fit the criteria of a possible melanoma.  Early detection is super important. 

I didn't know Randy very well; just from his posts here and on the LF, but from his story as I know it, he was obviously very courageous and battled his disease hard right up until the end.  Way to hang in there, Randy.  You did well.

• Heart 2

I'm very sorry to hear this, but it sounds like he's at peace.  I also didn't really know him but it's clear from what others have posted that he was one of the good guys and I'm sad to know he's gone.  Best wishes for his family and friends during this tough time.

"There aren't really any words."

I just had a short conversation with an employee that just returned after burying his step daughter.  As he said, "There aren't really any words."  I feel the same way here.  I didn't know Stuck except from the little bit from the forums.  I enjoyed what little interaction I had with him.

I offer my condolences to his family and pray for their peace in this difficult time but there are times that the words just don't seem like they're enough.

Stuck, I hope we get to meet on the other side.

• Heart 1

So sorry for Randy and his family.  :(

:(

Randy is the second person that I have known who has passed away from melanoma.  My best friend at work died from it.  Please see a dermatologist if you have any unusual growths or moles on your body that fit the criteria of a possible melanoma.  Early detection is super important. 

See a dermatologist even if you don't have have unusual growths or moles, that you are aware of. During a routine physical, my doctor removed a mole that looked suspicious to him, but I had no clue there was anything wrong. It was melanoma, but in the very early stage. That was five years ago, and many more moles have been removed since then. Yes, early detection is the key.

• Heart 1

I know we only discuss religion in a locked box here but I can not shake part of a popular Quaker funeral reading from my mind tonight. So with apologies to William Penn I steal some of his words as I remember them:

For Death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.
They that love beyond the World, cannot be separated by it.
Death cannot kill what never dies.

Randy leaves friends and family that love him dearly. Through them and his inspiration, he will live on. I hope that if I am ever in the same battle, I will carry myself with his grace, courage, and good humor.

• Heart 4

To Randy's wife, children, and loved ones:

I hope it is possible to take comfort in the fact that Randy was a respected person, even among a whole bunch of us "imaginary" people, who never met him personally but appreciated who we knew here.

Cancer may have taken him, but it never got the best of him.  You, and those around him did.  I pray that you may experience peace, and am glad that his suffering is at an end.

• Heart 1

To Randy's wife, children, and loved ones:

I hope it is possible to take comfort in the fact that Randy was a respected person, even among a whole bunch of us "imaginary" people, who never met him personally but appreciated who we knew here.

Cancer may have taken him, but it never got the best of him.  You, and those around him did.  I pray that you may experience peace, and am glad that his suffering is at an end.

Well said LW. My prayers go out for Randy and his family.
  • Heart 1