At the doctor's office.

jsharr

He is okay. Getting tetanus shot and making report with animal control. Ryan did not tell us about this until today. Hapoened yesterday so we do not have a clue about the dog. No reported cases of rabies in our nape of the neck since October. We will decide about rabies shots in next few days.

He is okay. Getting tetanus shot and making report with animal control. Ryan did not tell us about this until today. Hapoened yesterday so we do not have a clue about the dog. No reported cases of rabies in our nape of the neck since October. We will decide about rabies shots in next few days.

The good news is that it is very doubtful the dog has rabies.  Could you contact the owner and find out if the dog was up to date, and avoid the painful round of rabies shots?

Ryan just wanted to say hi to a nice doggie.  The doggie felt violated. No harm no foul.

Plus, Ryan came clean. He didn't continue to lie.  Making an even bigger story.

so after a little cajoling and heart searching it turns out Ryan stuck his hand through a hole in a fence and there was never a loose dog. Now I have to teach him about lying. 

Make sure you teach him about plausibility, believable lies are way better and less insulting than Fox news-type lies.

• Heart 1

so after a little cajoling and heart searching it turns out Ryan stuck his hand through a hole in a fence and there was never a loose dog. Now I have to teach him about lying. He might need to read the pain in the butt thread tomorrow.

Glad to hear that one, he came clean and two, this should take rabies shots out of the equation. As long as the dog is up to date on its shots, you guys should be golden. Has bad was the bite?

This sucks.

I went through this recently with Griffin.

The owner was able to quarantine the dog for two weeks and there was no need for rabies shots.

Griffin actually had to have surgery to close the wound.  It was on his neck.  The scary part for me was exactly how bad it could have been.  Within a few more seconds Griffin could have easily died.  It was very hard for me to take.

The lying thing...man, that's tough. I think it's harder on the parents.

Here is his finger.  Doctor put him on antibiotic pills and ointment as well as giving a tetanus booster.

10945622_10204366104365045_9008043271775    ryan%20finger_zpssxje4iik.jpg

The story went from "I fell down and cut my finger in the alley when I was walking home" to "a dog came up to me in the alley, sniffed me and when I tried to pet it, itbit my finger" 

This is the story we had when we went to the doctor.  It still seemed fishy as he could not tell us one thing about the dog, other than he thought it had a color on, and the wound did not fit the story.  But he stuck to the story, so we believed him.  I even called animal control and filed a report.

But the more we thought about it, the more it was not beleivable.  So last night after dinner, we sat down with Ryan and told him about rabies.  How it is spread and how it is treated, etc.   We told him if we could not find the dog, that rabies treatment might be necessary.

This is when he broke down and told us it was a dog in a back yard that was poking it's nose through a hole and he went up and tried to touch it and his finger got bit.

He was afraid he would get in trouble and might have to get shots. Well, his fears will come true on this one.  He got to get a tetanus shot, and if he can show us the house and we can speak to the owner and verify vaccinations, he might to avoid rabies shots, but he is not going to avoid getting in trouble for lying.  Right now he just knows that punishment is coming.  I am going to let him think about that today until I get home....