Have you ever had your teeth whitened?

Road Runner

Or bought any of those whitening products other than tooth paste?  I've been considering it.  What works best?  I've been seeing those ads for Crest whitening strips.  They claim to do a great job (of course).  Any downsides, like all your teeth fall out or your gums start bleeding or painful rectal itch?   :scratch head:

I used store bought stuff.  It worked ok I guess.  My dentist charges $100 for whitening for life treatments.  I may get that at some point.  I do drink coffee and tea and eat BBQ.  All that crap stains the teeth.  

Pros

• The product was cheap
  • No appt required with a dentist to make the tray

Cons

• without having your dentist make a custom mouth tray, you use a lot more of the whitening paste
  • I am not sure it works as well as a custom tray due to the gaps.  You want that paste right up against the teeth.

I never have.  I have been blessed with somewhat nice teeth.  The wife has had them done by the dentist with some special tray thing that she leaves in overnight.  It seems like a big PITA to me.  I cannot tell any difference, but I will never tell her that.

• Heart 1