I spent a good portion of the past two days

Parr8hed

Working on grants.

I have applied for a grant from the USAT and from the Horseshoe foundation.  (As in Binion's Horseshoe).  We have a local gambling boat owned by them and they support a lot of local sporting efforts.

I have about 2G worth of sponsorship dollars committed to my race (still have not actually SEEN those dollars, but they are committed).

If I even get half of the 7G worth of grants I applied for this is going to be a really cool race for these kiddos. 

It is starting to come together.  I'm going to start looking for volunteers now for the course, and donations of items from tri sites and on-line stores to give out as door prizes.

Very soon I will start buying finisher's medals and trophies. 

I'm getting both excited and nervous.

• Heart 1

That's awesome. I plan on being there, one way or another. Looks like the Maryland crowd isn't going to meet us in Louisville, so the wife and I might plan a trip back there with a couple of days conveniently timed in your neck of the woods. I'll bring my stand and tool box... B)

That's awesome. I plan on being there, one way or another. Looks like the Maryland crowd isn't going to meet us in Louisville, so the wife and I might plan a trip back there with a couple of days conveniently timed in your neck of the woods. I'll bring my stand and tool box... B)

I REALLY, REALLY hope you can make it. If all goes according to plan I will use some of the grant monies to purchase some taars, tubes, cables, grips, etc.  I hope to be able to offer a free bike repair service the day before the race and use your skills to their fullest extent!

I REALLY, REALLY hope you can make it. If all goes according to plan I will use some of the grant monies to purchase some taars, tubes, cables, grips, etc.  I hope to be able to offer a free bike repair service the day before the race and use your skills to their fullest extent!

Oh, I'm going to make it even if I come alone. I have already blocked out the time and cleared it with WoUB. The only question is if I will be alone or accompanied and heading on east later.

• Heart 1