Holy Crap! What a game!

Road Runner

Amazing indeed. 

When Seattle made that catch down at the 5, my mind went straight to Tyree's helmet catch:  "aw crap, not again!"  I have to join the crowd who wonders why they didn't just give it to Marshawn to punch it in.  Prior to the game ending pick, Belichick let an awful lot of time run off the clock and I have to say I thought the game was Seattle's at that point.

Great game.

• Heart 2

Amazing indeed. 

When Seattle made that catch down at the 5, my mind went straight to Tyree's helmet catch:  "aw crap, not again!"  I have to join the crowd who wonders why they didn't just give it to Marshawn to punch it in.  Prior to the game ending pick, Belichick let an awful lot of time run off the clock and I have to say I thought the game was Seattle's at that point.

Totally agree.  The last two minutes was almost too much to take in.  Even that encroachment penalty when the Pats were on there own one yard line was huge.  The sports talking heads will be thrashing this one out for some time to come. 

• Heart 1

I predicted the exact score, just the wrong teams.  Yay?

I am happy it was a good game, I kinda wanted to see Seattle win it.  Not sure I wouldn't have called running plays or at least a roll-out if matchups called for it, but they played their style all year, and it mostly worked.  A bigger, stronger receiver or a tight end would have had that catch.

Exciting!

Why are Cowboy fans trapped int he 90s?  Dude, you guys haven't even been in a NFC championship game since you won it all back then.  It seems like every Dallas fan is like this.  Living the dream of yesteryear.

Says the guy who roots for a team that's only won one of the 49 played.   :)

• Heart 1

It was a good game. I, too, am still scratching my head over The Call.

And let's not forget back in the day when GB Packer Antonio Freeman made a similar catch. I don't think it was a playoff game, but he stuck with a boncing ball and made the touchdown!

My husband is disgusted they awarded MVP to a guy who threw 2 interceptions. Good point!! He said Brady better give that truck to the kid who made The Interception. I agree!

If Marshawn did run the ball into the endzone (uncertain if), I think Brady might have had a nervous breakdown. With what can only be described as 2 lucky catches at the end of both those games... surely he would have thought the cards were stacked against him. In fact, before the pick off, I bet that thought crossed his mind. He'd never admit it now, of course, but that kind of stuff tests a man's faith. He'd have to be asking, WTF??

He'd have to be asking, WTF??

If I was, I'm pretty sure he was.  

2007:  Competitive game, circus catch (Tyree), Patriots loss.  

2011:  Competitive game, circus catch (Manningham), Patriots loss.

2014:  Competitive game, circus catch (Kearse).....

you know, Kearse is pronounced just like Curse.

If I was, I'm pretty sure he was.

2007: Competitive game, circus catch (Tyree), Patriots loss.

2011: Competitive game, circus catch (Manningham), Patriots loss.

2014: Competitive game, circus catch (Kearse).....

you know, Kearse is pronounced just like Curse.

2007 dropped Ty Law interception

2011 dropped pass by Welker that would have sealed the deal.

2004 was the Super Bowl that wasn't really a nail biter.

If Marshawn did run the ball into the endzone (uncertain if), I think Brady might have had a nervous breakdown. With what can only be described as 2 lucky catches at the end of both those games... surely he would have thought the cards were stacked against him. In fact, before the pick off, I bet that thought crossed his mind. He'd never admit it now, of course, but that kind of stuff tests a man's faith. He'd have to be asking, WTF??

Those circus catches were just fantastic, but this one would have been broken up if defenders weren't so afraid of being penalized.

I've seen many good ones since the Rams/Titans in 2000.

More good ones than bad.

agreed.  A welcome change from the blowouts of the 80s and 90s.  As I recall the only real close one in that era was the Bills' missed FG against the Giants.

How many years in a row did the NFC win?

I still think that it was more Lockette's fault than anything else, he should have ran through that route rather than just being a skinny dude waiting for the ball.  I have come around to thinking that it wasn't a bad call, and wasn't that bad of a pass, either, on target and all that.  Butler drove through, and Lockette didn't.