I watched zero minutes of the Superbowl

Mr. Silly

In the final step in the de-evolution of football.

They no longer actually play. The entire thing is made up of replays, analysis, second guessing and commercials. It's been slowly coming but they have now completely done away with the game itself.

Not so far fetched.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/02/02/madden-nailed-the-super-bowl-prediction-exactly/XTXStx4SRj4KX1tPAt51vN/story.html

Madden Nailed the Super Bowl Prediction Exactly The EA Sports video game simulation of Super Bowl XLIX was spot on. As Boston.com covered last week, the historically accurate Madden simulation predicted the Patriots would overcome a 24-14 deficit and win 28-24.

It’s not just the final score that Madden got right: the game simulation also had Tom Brady and Julian Edelman linking up for the game-winning touchdown.

Not so far fetched.]

Wow, so they can just do away with all the players, too.... Sure will be profitable for the owners.

Last year, we were in a restaurant, during the playoffs. They had the game on the big screen and I thought "Oh cool, I can watch while I eat.."

We were in the restaurant long enough to get seated, order, get our food, eat, pay and leave.....and we'd only seen about six actual plays. The rest was bullshit.

I'd been away from NFL football for a while and it was striking how bad the BS quotient had gotten. I guess if you'd been watching all along, it wouldn't be as noticeable. Kind of like boiling a frog.

I'd been away from NFL football for a while and it was striking how bad the BS quotient had gotten. I guess if you'd been watching all along, it wouldn't be as noticeable. Kind of like boiling a frog.

I first noticed it while riding my trainer with the TV on a football game when my headphone were on.  Suddenly with no narrative, I saw how much nothing was happening during the game.  That said, soccer was far more enjoyable; that game is all action.

Suddenly with no narrative, I saw how much nothing was happening during the game.  

Back in the day...... They used to play, and if something really cool or questionable happened, they did a replay. Now you get replays from 87 camera angles, commentary, analysis, second-guessing and ten times more commercials.

That said, soccer was far more enjoyable; that game is all action.

Well it is always moving, but those guys are worse drama queens than cyclists!