Still think fat bikes are a fad?

Dirtyhip

I like mine well enough, I was just joking about how, after I finally bought one, 650B took off.

Yeah.  I am slightly tempted by that Specialized carbon Stumpy FSR 650b evo with the Pike fork.  I just like the rollover of the 29er.  That thing rolls over anything.  Lots of traction and forgiveness.  

I was looking at getting a "regular mountain bike," but I didn't want the 29'er. I know that's pretty much my road bike wheel size, but that's ok for a road bike. My frame is so small, that I almost need the larger wheels to get myself up off the ground!  But I tried a 29'er (Specialized Jett), and it seemed like I was up too high for riding trails, etc.  Probably wrong, but it just felt too tall for monkeying around in the woods. Specialized wasn't getting into the 650b/27.5, so I wasn't too excited about it. The 26" wheels on the fat bike seem to go together very well, and I like it.

Just my noob 2 cents worth.

I was looking at getting a "regular mountain bike," but I didn't want the 29'er. I know that's pretty much my road bike wheel size, but that's ok for a road bike. My frame is so small, that I almost need the larger wheels to get myself up off the ground!  But I tried a 29'er (Specialized Jett), and it seemed like I was up too high for riding trails, etc.  Probably wrong, but it just felt too tall for monkeying around in the woods. Specialized wasn't getting into the 650b/27.5, so I wasn't too excited about it. The 26" wheels on the fat bike seem to go together very well, and I like it.

Just my noob 2 cents worth.

you're in luck, they have these at walmart.

k2-_0cd4c1ab-9d2f-4647-a30b-20a08041e244