Dirtyhip

20.5 BMI

Lean?

BMI Categories: 
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9 
Overweight = 25–29.9 
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

OK, leaner than me and leaner than the average person in WalMart (wait, that doesn't count)./

Keep up the good work.

• Heart 1

Lean?

BMI Categories: 
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9 
Overweight = 25–29.9 
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

OK, leaner than me and leaner than the average person in WalMart (wait, that doesn't count)./

Keep up the good work.

Yes, I feel lean. 

lean2
lēn/
adjective
adjective: lean; comparative adjective: leaner; superlative adjective: leanest
  1. 1.
    (of a person or animal) thin, especially healthily so; having no superfluous fat.
    "his lean, muscular body"
    synonyms: slimthinslendersparewirylankyskinny
    size-zero
    "a tall, lean man"
    antonyms: fat

Yes, I feel lean. 

lean2
lēn/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person or animal) thin, especially healthily so; having no superfluous fat.
    size-zero
    "a tall, lean man"

"having no superfluous fat"…….. I love that part.

Yes, I feel lean. 

lean2
lēn/
adjective
  1. 1.
    size-zero
    "a tall, lean man"

When I look up lean2 this is what I see….

lean-to-shelter.jpg

Smudgy ... Get that fat bike and put a shit ton of miles on it.  That will do the trick. 

I just want to inspire everyone to be the best they can be at this fitness thing.  We can all do it.  I used to be much chunkier, and I made a decision that I didn't want to continue that downward spiral.  I was depressed and I was eating too much and not exercising enough.

Yeah, but your fat ass could crush my scrawny ass anytime it wants to.

I think BMI is a waste.  I am 36 now.  I was 32 when I completed a full Ironman.  I would have to get to 205 to get into the upper end of "overweight".  If I got to 205 I would look like I was in a concentration camp.  The BMI does not take into account muscle mass.  It is strictly weight.  I'm at 259 right now.  You stand me right next to another dude that is 5-10, 260 and has never lifted and I bet you might see a little difference.

I think BMI is a waste.  I am 36 now.  I was 32 when I completed a full Ironman.  I would have to get to 205 to get into the upper end of "overweight".  If I got to 205 I would look like I was in a concentration camp.  The BMI does not take into account muscle mass.  It is strictly weight.  I'm at 259 right now.  You stand me right next to another dude that is 5-10, 260 and has never lifted and I bet you might see a little difference.

Totally agree.  This is why I didn't bring it up in my original post.  BMI only works for certain bodies and I really think it is more adapted for a woman's body.  

My husband is quite "overweight" too.  He is very muscular and his ideal weight on BMI is also concentration camp size.  That man is pretty fit and large boned.   :whistle:   Even at his thinnest, he is still stocky.  

• Heart 1

I'd have to get down to 244 to reach the upper limit of "healthy" BMI.  About 40 pounds away at this point.

When I get on the Wii Fit scale it suggests a healthy weight of 217.  I'd have to lose 70 pounds.  Can you imagine someone 6'-11" and 217 pounds?

There's a line from an old Bill Cosby routine (is it still OK to laugh at Bill Cosby jokes?) -

"Old Weird Harold... we called him that 'cause he was 6-9 and weighed fifty pounds.  We used to use him to get the football out of the sewer."