So Just For Laughs...Whos Going to Church Today?

Nate

I don't think of myself as a Christian nor a non-Christian.  I am not religious but I think I am spiritual.  I am in awe of what I have and nature.

I used to be a lot more black and white when I was younger, thinking there was only one "way" and everyone else was wrong.  I'd like to think I've grown enough to accept that everyone believes what they do or don't believe and they are still good people.

And to be clear, I never said God was being good to me and He never said it would be easy.  Scripture tells me I will face hardship, persecution, trials, disease and death.  I do not believe in God because I am bad, I believe because I am a wretched sinner.  Life sucks hard sometimes but I have faith and hope even in the face of hardship. 

• Heart 1

you have your health and life is good?

you know, I didn't wise up and start loving God back until I got run over by an RV and got a second chance at this life

not to get too preachy, but if God loves you, which He does, then how should you respond to that?

none of this is very popular in today's culture...imagine folks being reminded that there is more to life than what we want to buy next! :o

I respond by being grateful everyday, and paying it forward where ever I can.... I believe there is a Divine/God/Great Spirit, I just don't believe that Jesus is the son of God etc... so I'm not a Christian

you mean like my cousin Jeffrey who died as a teenager jsut after Christmas last eyar from lukemia?

Olas, if you ahve problems with religion, don't take them out on me

Life is too short to worry about convincing people who are so full of angst

you live by dying to yourself. He who seeks to save his life will lose it. That's what He said when He was here

If you don't understand that, then I can't help you

Plenty of people who seek to save their own lives actually succeed in doing so. Many Christians themselves see their acts of faith as saving their own lives, etc, The whole schtick about believing in Jesus is about saving your soul from whatever, etc. Many people seek to save their own lives are doing so in order to be there for family and maybe because they truly just want to friggin live. We can take your quote a number of directions. It's just gibberish. Maybe I understand it more than you do.