Whatever happened to leather jackets?

Randomguy

I have a suede one.  Haven't worn it in decades.  I'm hanging on to it until it comes back in style.

I guess that was my thought.  Although I might not live long enough for it to return to style.  Of course, there is always the old guy option, where you reach the age that you just wear whatever you want and you don't GAS what anyone thinks anymore.

• Heart 3

Funny - I just saw the Rachel Ray show where she had to guess that her mystery guess was Fonzie.  He said one of his leather jackets in in the Smithsonian. :)

The Museum of American History.  A lot of cool shit in there.  There's even more stuff in warehouses in MD.  "America's Attic", as the museum is known as, is too small for all the crap that they own

• Heart 1

I wear a leather bomber any time I'm not at work --it was deemed "not professional attire" when going onsite at work.

No Harley patches, big zippers, etc., jut brown --and with a China-Burma-India patch from the AVG on the back.  Don't really care what others think "in style" is...I still like it.

m_GIL0HPmj3yypJwrWcC5Ug.jpg

I still have the leather jacket I wore when I rode motocross in the early 70s. I don't kn8w why I've kept it. It's not like I will ever be able fit into it again (unless I lose 100lbs), but it still has sentimental value... and it cost me about 6 months of mowing yards to buy it back in 1972. B)

I had a Dennis Hopper leather jacket (Easy Rider).  I don't remember getting rid of it but I haven't seen it in years so I must have.  I still have a leather racing jacket from when I was into motorcycles, I don't ever wear it.  I have a leather jacket that I do wear sometimes.  It's warm and durable, still in good shape.

UglyBob, I don't remember anyone wearing leather jackets to race motocross in the seventies.  Did they really do that?  I always wore a jersey, sometimes with a kidney belt.  My leather jacket was for racing my road bike.  I did have leather pants for motocross.  They might still be in a closet downstairs, not sure.

I had a Dennis Hopper leather jacket (Easy Rider).

UglyBob, I don't remember anyone wearing leather jackets to race motocross in the seventies.  Did they really do that?  I always wore a jersey, sometimes with a kidney belt.  My leather jacket was for racing my road bike.  I did have leather pants for motocross.  They might still be in a closet downstairs, not sure.

In SoCal we had a lot of heavy brush on most of the trails. We wore leather pants or chaps and heavy jackets. We also wore brush-buster gloves, the ones with the hard ribs on the backs of the fingers . The jerseys didn't become popular in our area until the late 70s. By then I was in Arizona.
  • Heart 1