Please Advise

AirwickWithCheese

Why wasn't my post liked?  It was thoughtful and somewhat original.
I'm hurt, I'm leaving now and might die in a fiery ball of flames on the way home.
You'll have to live with that.

Darn it. I hate it when you're actually funny. The flames was top rate. :)

Or just tell them the truth, that you did some intravenous drugs with a shared needle while having unprotected sex with your Haitian boyfirend and that you are feeling a bit under the weather, but that your coughs are very productive and that the phlegm is not that bloody today.

Or just tell them the truth, that you did some intravenous drugs with a shared needle while having unprotected sex with your Haitian boyfirend and that you are feeling a bit under the weather, but that your coughs are very productive and that the phlegm is not that bloody today.

That won't get him out of a days work here.  The only legitimate excuse is a death in the family and it must be your own.

POTD!  

Are you still sick?

I really am. :(

The deed is done. :(

I was kidding about the fibbing part as I really am under the weather and actually have Dr. clearance.

I just don't like calling in sick even though I really hate my job at times.

Calling in makes you feel unworthy. :(

...last night was the first one I've slept over an hour for the last ten days.  I've been swilling Robitussin like it was MD 20/20.

I finally got out to mow the lawn today, and have been fertilizing it with farmer blow snot for a couple of hours, which feels great.

If I still worked, they would have sent me home as potentially epidemic and a danger to self and others.

My doctor's office just called to schedule an annual physical (apparently it's billable, so attractive to them), but when I 

mentioned I was sick with "what's going around here", she hung up on me.  :D

If that's good enough for the boss...

I love my job, and know that every day I work gives me a chance to increase my monthly bonus.

I love my job too.  Seriously -- although I think my boss is a dick -- but who doesn't?  I mean he's not a she and I'm not banging her.... but the point is I don't subscribe to the utilitarianism doctrine.  If I ever am on a deathbed, I'm not going to look back and say, "Gee, I wish I worked more".

I love my job too. Seriously -- although I think my boss is a dick -- but who doesn't? I mean he's not a she and I'm not banging her.... but the point is I don't subscribe to the utilitarianism doctrine. If I ever am on a deathbed, I'm not going to look back and say, "Gee, I wish I worked more".

that last part is accurate, but my boss and his wife are great friends. We often go cycling together, and BBQ afterward.