Coyote story

Sarah R

Coyotes are all over the Chicago burbs. Our rabbit population is down and there are a few squirrels missing pieces of their tails in the area too. The county/village did relocate a few here....but either they came back or more likely new guys moved in.

Watch your pets, as Sarah can attest to.

What is with the coyotes? They are overpopulating and getting more aggressive everywhere. I used to hear them howling at night around here and was starting to get concerned about our dogs. But apparently, there are people around here with guns that also heard them. They are supposed to be afraid of us. When they lose that fear, its us or them.

Our cat disappeared last week.  I don't know if it was coyotes or not.  A few years ago we lost our favorite cat to coyotes.  There is a group of coyote hunters around here that keep them thinned out pretty good.  They either really hate coyotes or really like hunting them.  They come in big trucks with electronic callers and two way radios.  The local farmers have no love for the coyotes either.

Our cat disappeared last week.  I don't know if it was coyotes or not.  A few years ago we lost our favorite cat to coyotes.  There is a group of coyote hunters around here that keep them thinned out pretty good.  They either really hate coyotes or really like hunting them.  They come in big trucks with electronic callers and two way radios.  The local farmers have no love for the coyotes either.

I hate to hear about anyone losing their pet to a coyote, but around here people know that cats can only be kept as indoors-only pets.