Weekend plans after we hear from the groundhog

petitepedal

I dunno. This and that. Laundry will be laundered. We have a lot of leftovers I need to decide how to deal with a few pounds of smoked chicken. Make stock with the bones and vegetables. Kombucha will be starting Saturday. Install some fence post lights; they’re solar powered and look really nice after the sun sets. Walk two energetic dogs. Start tax return filings. Fill out dog license application for Apache. Since there’s no football on this weekend maybe I’ll look for some Taylor Swift videos on YouTube. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

I think maybe a walk Saturday and or Sunday before noon.  The Clash is this weekend and although it's a junk race, it brightens up my winter because then it's only two weeks till Daytona Day.

Where are you seeing The Clash? London Calling is a great album.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I have a lot of not-wanted stuff growing around my yard and have to transplant my late mother's last rose bush that has refused to die for two decades including being trampled during house-rebuilding and basement-roof-addition, knowing I'd eventually want it.  It will probably die when I finally transplant it!

We're forecast for highs of 45° to 60° thru Feb. 16th, so I'm hoping to get an early start this weekend on what I've put-off the last two years because of shed building, garden preparing, etc.

If I can get in 5-6 days of a few hours of heavy work with at least a rest day in between, I should get most of what I need done and emerge in better physical shape without tearing or spraining some part of my body.  If I get too sore or lazy, I'll also have March and that wonderful Daylight Savings Time.

My BiL has a gasoline-powered chipper/shredder that handles up to 3" diameter wood, so I'll make a pile as Winter progresses then shred it for mulch, stuff to mix into my hard garden soil, etc.

• Heart 1