I disagree Buffjim..

Wilbur

I broke 15 bones in a bike crash.  It hurt a lot for a day and I was bed ridden for 2 weeks.   WoWilbur had our first, was in pain for an hour, up and walking in 2 hours and in fighting form in a day.  Any woman that would claim child delivery is like breaking 20 bones, has never broken multiple bones. :)  Child birth isn't the ultimate pain. It doesn't even make the top 15.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I broke 15 bones in a bike crash.  It hurt a lot for a day and I was bed ridden for 2 weeks.   WoWilbur had our first, was in pain for an hour, up and walking in 2 hours and in fighting form in a day.  Any woman that would claim child delivery is like breaking 20 bones, has never broken multiple bones. :)  Child birth isn't the ultimate pain. It doesn't even make the top 15.

Don’t even get me started on Kidney Stones. Not only the pain, but when you’ve the delivered the stones, you don’t even get a tax exemption.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I've had 8 broken bones, gall stones, Kidney stones (not all at the same time) but I hear that's nothing compared to having a baby. 

Lol. WoWilbur had a pulmonary embolism years ago and she said child birth was a walk in the park by comparison. 

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

You know you are in pain from gall stones or just being obnoxious, when your wife threatens to dump you out along side the interstate or you will go to the emergency room.

When my wife had an infected tooth at one point after we were at the er she was laying on the ground by the street and ofc the cops stopped by! Oi vay!  Eventually a dental pain guy fixed the tooth. That was bad. 

I am a little curious and tempted to ask her which is worse but that wouldn’t be prudent. :D

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It hurt a lot for a day

When it hurts a LOT 24 X 7, for 2 1/2 weeks, then you will know how I felt.  Pancreatitis HURTS a LOT.   

The pain was so bad, it hurt to breath.  My breathing was very shallow.  My O2 levels were so low, the docs were concerned that my organs could possibly start to fail. and that could be the beginning of my end.

After 2 or 3 days I finally agreed to let them give me morphine for the pain.   No change... it still was horrible.    A day or two later when I just wanted to sleep...  they agreed to give me intravenous fentanyl.   I got that for a few days at 8PM just so I could sleep for a while.  WoBG was worried I was going to be addicted to the stuff.   A day or two later,  I just told them... no to the fentanyl, I'll just deal with the pain.  I didn't want WoBG to be correct.

I had to do PT to learn to breath again before I was released.

After I returned to work, I was attending a meeting with the other manager and our director.  During a break, somehow the discussion got to how Prince died from fentanyl.   I couldn't let that pass...  I said something like, 'Yeah fentanyl is some good shit.'   The room went silent...  Then I explained some more.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

When it hurts a LOT 24 X 7, for 2 1/2 weeks, then you will know how I felt.  Pancreatitis HURTS a LOT.   

The pain was so bad, it hurt to breath.  My breathing was very shallow.  My O2 levels were so low, the docs were concerned that my organs could possibly start to fail. and that could be the beginning of my end.

After 2 or 3 days I finally agreed to let them give me morphine for the pain.   No change... it still was horrible.    A day or two later when I just wanted to sleep...  they agreed to give me intravenous fentanyl.   I got that for a few days at 8PM just so I could sleep for a while.  WoBG was worried I was going to be addicted to the stuff.   A day or two later,  I just told them... no to the fentanyl, I'll just deal with the pain.  I didn't want WoBG to be correct.

I had to do PT to learn to breath again before I was released.

After I returned to work, I was attending a meeting with the other manager and our director.  During a break, somehow the discussion got to how Prince died from fentanyl.   I couldn't let that pass...  I said something like, 'Yeah fentanyl is some good shit.'   The room went silent...  Then I explained some more.  

My wife had it as well.  Very brutal in the pain department. 

• Hugs 2

And it could be that individual people experience pain differently. If a woman says her pain during childbirth was mild, or was tolerable, or was excruciating, it’s  no matter what someone else has experienced. She has to bear that moment. Same with other pain. One person’s appendicitis pain is unbearable, another person shrugs it off. I’ve known people who pull out their own stitches or their IV, others who pass out when they get a finger stick. 

8 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

And it could be that individual people experience pain differently. If a woman says her pain during childbirth was mild, or was tolerable, or was excruciating, it’s  no matter what someone else has experienced. She has to bear that moment. Same with other pain. One person’s appendicitis pain is unbearable, another person shrugs it off. I’ve known people who pull out their own stitches or their IV, others who pass out when they get a finger stick. 

This was my thinking. Not all child births are the same. Also if I broke 10 bones I would be ailing like a whimp…. Probably letting the world know about it too.

I don't know what hurt more braking 2 bones in my foot and my ankle in 2 places and having your foot pointed in the wrong direction..or a gangrene gallbladder that ended me up in the ICU.