I met someone famous last night

Well, not famous yet, but...  I was sitting next to the guy on the right at the bar last night.  He's a hoot.  He's the bartenders boyfriend.  He said next week he's going to Chicago, he has a part in Chicago Fire.  He's playing a cop. It's not a speaking part, he said those are hard to get.  And he had no idea when it might air, if ever.

That's all...  carry on.

https://www.wernerco.com/us

image.thumb.png.fe41a09c7a3b93cfaac168985c2c95b3.png

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

6 minutes ago, a bunch of numbers said:

Well, not famous yet, but...  I was sitting next to the guy on the right at the bar last night.  He's a hoot.  He's the bartenders boyfriend.  He said next week he's going to Chicago, he has a part in Chicago Fire.  He's playing a cop. It's not a speaking part, he said those are hard to get.  And he had no idea when it might air, if ever.

That's all...  carry on.

https://www.wernerco.com/us

image.thumb.png.fe41a09c7a3b93cfaac168985c2c95b3.png

I met my cousin’s boyfriend at my Grandpa’s funeral. He was a Hollywood actor, but it turns out all his roles were on cop shows where he was the murder victim at the beginning of the show. We’ve lost touch with those cousins, so no idea if they’re still together or if he ever made the big time.

• Heart 1

I've had a few coworkers that have had roles in various movies and TV shows. One guy eventually got some lines, but no one ever got famous.  DC often has movies filmed here, and there usually are needs for "crowd" actors.  I gotta wonder, though, with CGI so good how much of that is disappearing.  :dontknow:

• Heart 1

The old engineer who taught me a lot about organizing designs before starting to cut material had a son who was a writer in Hollywood.  When the old guy retired he moved to California to live with his son.  He sent us some pictures of him sitting at parties with the rich and famous.   You would have recognized some of the actors in the pictures.

• Heart 1

On the other hand, there are a lot of famous people right here.

Take zephyr for example.  After reading about the RCMP I believe that there are only 8 full time divers in the force for the entire country.  That's famous enough for me.

We have pilots who hobnob with the rich a famous.

Researchers who write papers.

Airhead and Einstein who win dog shows

Classic car builders

Retired professors

And Kirby.  I can't mention her job as a secret agent here.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

I've met a few famous athletes and spent a long time talking and eating across a bench table from NFL Hall of Famer Art Donovan.

But the one's I was most impressed to meet were in music.  I've met a few famous classical pianists and opera singers but few people outside of classical music know of them.

I met the Opera Grand Diva Hyunah Yu, a graduate of the Peabody Conservatory of Johns Hopkins U where I studied piano in the Adult Program. I met her during a Peabody ACE Recital and was invited to a party afterward by her sister where Hyunah served me sushi and Cola and we talked a while - of course, I had no camera at the time but someone gave me this picture in the back of the recital hall where she said she was moved by my recital playing of Schumann's "First Sorrow."  I'm standing on the left, she's in the middle and seated on the right is my piano teacher, the late virtuoso Frances Cheng-Koors, who was one of the few people allowed to play on Mozart's actual late-1700's piano at the Salzburg Mozart Festivals.

Mickey-Frances.jpg.36c9d467872a864c7f33c59519e24586.jpg

One day during a frustrating piano lesson in 2006, I told Frances, "I'll never be a Lang Lang!" and she asked, "Would you like to meet him?"

She knew him - they're both Chinese - and she teased him and called him "Bang Bang" for not having enough delicacy on the keys to suit her.

She had two backstage passes he had sent to her to a concert outside of D.C. but she had other plans.  I just needed to find sold-out tickets.  When I told the woman who sold me my piano at one of the sponsoring companies of the concert that I had two backstage passes, she found two free tickets for us.

Here's me and the great Chinese pianist Lang Lang, the autograph and the ticket:

MickLangLang1-cropped_clar_900p.thumb.jpg.e309520dcc2fa5782a95be34a4ffa4b2.jpg

MickLangLang2-cropped_clar_900p.jpg.20bdad9c0e1dd08e160123f0e37a5068.jpg

MicksLangLangautograph900p.thumb.jpg.3b3d9ce793eb7249677fb4c9deecbc0a.jpgLAngLAngConcertTicket_900p.thumb.jpg.a9240e6922d58097333ec9dd56221eee.jpg

• Heart 2

When I worked in Los Angeles, most of the temps in the office were all "actors" trying to get work. It was always cause for celebration when someone got even a small, unspeaking part.   You see so many movies and shows that are forgettable, it's easy to miss that these roles are unforgettable even for the minor parts. 

• Heart 1