So, are you a fluffy sidie, or a looped sidie?

MoseySusan

• MoseySusan changed the title to So, are you a fluffy sidie, or a looped sidie?

We bought cheap towels at Walmart to use at the beach in Haleiwa, thinking we’d leave them at the vacation rental house. But we had the space in our suitcases to bring them home, so now we use them at the swimming pool. Mine says Aloha! with a big silhouette of a pineapple. 

• Heart 3

Apparently I've never owned a beach towel, just large bath towels.  

I never knew a beach towel has 2 different sides, one for the beach and one for you. :facepalm:  I guess when you live in a fly over state you are too far from a beach to know this.

Wow I've leaned 2 things today.     Imbolc and beach towels

I can take a nap now before I overload my brain. 

• Heart 1

I don't think our beach towels have much difference, but I would choose a fluffier side given the chance.  I'm more a chair and an umbrella type, though.  Maybe the towel draped over my feet to avoid a burn if the sun shifts and they're no longer in the shade. 

On 2/3/2024 at 6:24 PM, ChrisL said:

our beach towels have a print on one side

Yes, I like the softer, printed side. So, when I wrap up in my towel, it’s the blank looped side other people see. 

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, Chris... said:

I like my towels a little rough. Like when they are hung outside to dry

My dad, too. During the year I lived with him after my mom died, I used towels that had been washed without any softener and hung out to dry. Like sandpaper…