Saturday Dinner?

Airehead

1 minute ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

God bless your Mom. Fritos go first to be the crust of the pie. Top is melted cheese and fresh onion for visual effect. 

She was great at raising children but we would have starved if not for my grandmother.  My mom was not gifted with food. 

• Hugs 3

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Which squash?  There are a LOT of squashes out there!

Any and all.  Summer squashes, winter squashes, and other seasonals squashes I have never heard of.  Texture is the issue as often as the taste is, she says.

• Heart 1

Just now, Airehead said:

She was great at raising children but we would have starved if not for my grandmother.  My mom was not gifted with food. 

My dad was the cook in the family. He made dinner after working in an office every night. He is the reason I love to cook.  All my siblings are good cooks. 

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

My dad was the cook in the family. He made dinner after working in an office every night. He is the reason I love to cook.  All my siblings are good cooks. 

My dad made pasta on saturdays. Like is nonni taught him. 

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

And this., but not for me. 

image.jpg

Why not for you? Dr Frank is the best of the 150 winemakers in the Finger Lakes Region. And Gewurztraminer is so fun to say. It is described as having a Lychee nut flavor, which most of us don’t even know what it’s like. SS probably does, since it’s common in Chinese Restaurants.

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, Airehead said:

Baked cod with crab and Panko topping. Side of roasted carrots and yellow rice. 

Sounds great!  Friday my legs were sore after a long walk so I bought a frozen Stauffer's Meat Lovers Pizza while at the store for half-and-half.

I had half Friday.  Instead of finishing it Saturday, I decided to cut up and use up 2 lbs of potatoes left in a bag along with 3 14.5 oz cans of cut green beans, a sliced, huge sweet onion, and 14 oz. of smoked kielbasa cut in about 3/8" rings. Fill the full-5-qt-pan with water, boil for 15 min., and there's 4 large but low-Cal. meals.

Now, Sunday, I got a choice of lasagna or green beans, etc. or soups/stew/chili in the freezer.

I'm leaning toward the beans/potatoes/onion/kielbasa.  It's great with salt, pepper, garlic powder and butter.

• Heart 1

On 2/3/2024 at 6:55 PM, BuffJim said:

Why not for you? Dr Frank is the best of the 150 winemakers in the Finger Lakes Region. And Gewurztraminer is so fun to say. It is described as having a Lychee nut flavor, which most of us don’t even know what it’s like. SS probably does, since it’s common in Chinese Restaurants.

My stomach is queasy from the pills for the kidney infection. I refuse to take another pill to fix what the first pill is messing up. 

• Hugs 1