So, Somehow I Pissed Off TWO Gods In One Day :(

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Wilbur,

Apparently, I'm on the Sun God's shit list.  Temps never got above 49o today despite other nearby folks like @Parsnip Totin Jack getting into the 50s!

Then, and this may potentially actually be TWO more gods, not just one.  Heading NW, I was slapped silly by one of the Wind Gods (or two working together?), and then, to make matters even more insulting, I was again slapped around when heading back.  It is actually possible, it may have been all FOUR Wind Gods working in tandem (or working for their own reasons) to make my ride a slog!

Needless to say, I'm open to ways to appease the Gods, but not if it involves any sort of animal (or human) sacrifice.

Thoughts?

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm open to ways to appease the Gods, but not if it involves any sort of animal (or human) sacrifice.

Hmm, you have already talked your way out of appeasing them, those are the only tried and true methods.

Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Toast them with mead and all will be well

I toast with beer. Shouldn't that work?

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Hmm, you have already talked your way out of appeasing them, those are the only tried and true methods.

Good luck!

Luck??? I don't need luck. I need a solution.  

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Apparently, I'm on the Sun God's shit list.  Temps never got above 49o today despite other nearby folks like @Parsnip Totin Jack getting into the 50s!

Then, and this may potentially actually be TWO more gods, not just one.  Heading NW, I was slapped silly by one of the Wind Gods (or two working together?), and then, to make matters even more insulting, I was again slapped around when heading back.  It is actually possible, it may have been all FOUR Wind Gods working in tandem (or working for their own reasons) to make my ride a slog!

Needless to say, I'm open to ways to appease the Gods, but not if it involves any sort of animal (or human) sacrifice.

Thoughts?

I rode a 60 mile ride w/ a some friends before, and the route shape was a rectangle. We had headwinds in all four directions :wacko:

38 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I rode a 60 mile ride w/ a some friends before, and the route shape was a rectangle. We had headwinds in all four directions :wacko:

That would be messing with Aquilo, Favonius, Auster and Vulturnus (or whatever They go by these days).  You really messed up!

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dottleshead said:

You didn’t piss me off. 

Yeah, you're one of those lowercase gods.  We're talking the "BIG GUYS".  The ones you pray to or sacrifice or talk about in hushed (or loud) voices.  No one is building you a church/shrine/altar, Bub.

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Yeah, you're one of those lowercase gods.  We're talking the "BIG GUYS".  The ones you pray to or sacrifice or talk about in hushed (or loud) voices.  No one is building you a church/shrine/altar, Bub.

Sorry Dolttles is a spin-off of Toddles which originates from Todd — which sounds awfully like God. My bad please carry on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

You say that liken it was unusual.

Yeah. This is nothing new.  :( I just haven't figured out the correct chant/dance/offering/prayer/mantra to get those Jerks off my back!

13 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

Sounds like a typical spring ride in my area. Possible rain showers and a headwind in all 4 directions.

IT'S NOT SPRING!!!! :angry:

But, yeah, that's the norm from about now until May or June.