Jump to content

Do Folks Who Get Tattoos On Their Backs


Razors Edge

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...have it done as a mirror image? Images or words or symbols?  So, a person with a heartfelt love of "Christina" would have it written like below:

image.png.f85ad6e9b0066dd2afc5aece3605299d.png

What does a pro like @Randomguy think?

My views on tattoos are constantly evolving, but ever so slightly.

I do think back tattoos are pretty damn stupid, though.  People get back tattoos exclusively for getting others to talk to them about their shitty back tattoos.  "I did it for ME".  Yeah right, it is so for you that you paid a stranger to put it in a place you will never see, good move, douche!

It is more respectable to say something like "I got a shit-ton of tattoos in places on me that I actually can see, and that evolved into more of a look that doesn't look good unless I fill in the blank spots with other tattoos" seems way more honest and reasonable to me.  I can respect that.

I still think all leg tattoos look like bruises that never heal, though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My views on tattoos are constantly evolving, but ever so slightly.

I do think back tattoos are pretty damn stupid, though.  People get back tattoos exclusively for getting others to talk to them about their shitty back tattoos.  "I did it for ME".  Yeah right, it is so for you that you paid a stranger to put it in a place you will never see, good move, douche!

It is more respectable to say something like "I got a shit-ton of tattoos in places on me that I actually can see, and that evolved into more of a look that doesn't look good unless I fill in the blank spots with other tattoos" seems way more honest and reasonable to me.  I can respect that.

I still think all leg tattoos look like bruises that never heal, though.

Now you may stir up another hornet's nest. :lol:

I kinda get the lucky /comfy feel to have tattoo. Though yes, I still see it as artwork that person has chosen for their body (and make sure it's a nice design).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

"I did it for ME". 

That's clearly why it would be a mirror image, duh! You are being an imbecile! We've established the tattoos are for yourself, I'm just trying to see how that ends up being done.  Mirrors? Software? Skilled tattooists? Dumb luck? 

IOW, assuming folks are as keen to put names/words/images on their backs as their fronts, we must assume they flip them so they read properly when they view them.  But I lack the experience with folks who have those hard-to-see-for-themselves back tattoos, and am leaning on the experts here!

image.png.f85ad6e9b0066dd2afc5aece360529

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That's clearly why it would be a mirror image, duh! You are being an imbecile! We've established the tattoos are for yourself, I'm just trying to see how that ends up being done.  Mirrors? Software? Skilled tattooists? Dumb luck? 

IOW, assuming folks are as keen to put names/words/images on their backs as their fronts, we must assume they flip them so they read properly when they view them.  But I lack the experience with folks who have those hard-to-see-for-themselves back tattoos, and am leaning on the experts here!

image.png.f85ad6e9b0066dd2afc5aece360529

It would be cool if what was on the front HAD to be on the back, too.  Fun stuff!

The black frats at tOSU didn't mess with tattoos, they went right to branding.  You have to be committed to be up for a good branding!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It would be cool if what was on the front HAD to be on the back, too.  Fun stuff!

The black frats at tOSU didn't mess with tattoos, they went right to branding.  You have to be committed to be up for a good branding!

They brand where they can see it, though, so I assume it is right way around.  Of course, it's often just the big ass Omega brand, and that looks okay in any direction. GENIUS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...