In honor of the bears waking up in MT early, I’m eating spring rolls

Dottleshead
Go to solution Solved by shootingstar,

2 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

Negative. Fresh rolls. So I fucked up the title. Shoot me. Ok. Wait. Please don’t do that.

We spent 15 minutes or more talking to my niece about the difference in spring vs summer vs salad vs egg rolls.  None of it made sense.  I just eat them.  Some nutters just want to complicate things. I am, however, open to the "shoot me" bit, though.  @jsharr might have to help, but that's fine.

39 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We spent 15 minutes or more talking to my niece about the difference in spring vs summer vs salad vs egg rolls.  None of it made sense.  I just eat them.  Some nutters just want to complicate things. I am, however, open to the "shoot me" bit, though.  @jsharr might have to help, but that's fine.

Definitely egg rolls will be deep fried...it doesn't which country of origin.  Different Asian countries do it differently (though Japan it's not a true thing there).  Beyond I actually never thought of the other different terminology for moist rice vermicelli sheets rolled around the fillings...but now, you've pointed it out. thx.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

Negative. Fresh rolls. So I fucked up the title. Shoot me. Ok. Wait. Please don’t do that.

Home made?  Dude those look awesome.  Yeah those rice papers can be a sticky sob to roll.  What did you use for the sauce?

NM I reread your post.  Still looks awesome!

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Home made?  Dude those look awesome.  Yeah those rice papers can be a sticky sob to roll.  What did you use for the sauce?

NM I reread your post.  Still looks awesome!

It was good -- healthy -- and very little salt. We've got get together for lunch sometime Chris.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Those are fried?

3 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Definitely egg rolls will be deep fried...it doesn't which country of origin.  Different Asian countries do it differently (though Japan it's not a true thing there).  Beyond I actually never thought of the other different terminology for moist rice vermicelli sheets rolled around the fillings...but now, you've pointed it out. thx.

Ok, so I was correct.  You can find it here in their online menu under appetizers. They call them spring rolls.

https://kent.eatpho7.com/

But I admit fresh rolls and spring rolls gets confusing.  The only slam dunk that I know is what Star says about egg rolls.  Those are most definitely cooked in hot oil.

Yesterday on The Planet Earth series I learned that Giant Pandas don't hibernate because the bamboo they exclusively eat has very little nutrition so they don't put on enough fat to do it.

Also yesterday on WWII in Color, I learned that the French tanks in 1940 were better than the German tanks, but were used inefficiently and the Germans had control of the air and their Stuka dive bombers knocked out most of the French tanks during the Fall of France.  I watch/read so much WW2 stuff you'd think I'd have known that by now!

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Yesterday on The Planet Earth series I learned that Giant Pandas don't hibernate because the bamboo they exclusively eat has very little nutrition so they don't put on enough fat to do it.

Also yesterday on WWII in Color, I learned that the French tanks in 1940 were better than the German tanks, but were used inefficiently and the Germans had control of the air and their Stuka dive bombers knocked out most of the French tanks during the Fall of France.  I watch/read so much WW2 stuff you'd think I'd have known that by now!

Who told you those tanks were better? The French? 🤣

• Haha 2