Fading fast....

petitepedal

I am shutting down and getting ready to read.

Made my largest pot of chili ever, a triple batch with over 5 lbs of ground beef.   Martha said it my be my best effort ever.  Hope the Scout appreciate it!

A new seafood place called The Catch opened a few blocks away so I took Martha and Wade and Madi out for dinner.  They had a $20 special with 1/2 lb of crab legs, 1/2 lb of shrimp, sausage, corn on the cob and potatoes and a free margarita.  It was awesome, but just a bit heavy on the spices.  It was their grand opening weekend and the place was packed.  Hope that it stays that way, as I want to go back and try some other options.

Just finished setting up my new desk area.  Got the extra monitor for my laptop up and running and am happy to have a quiet corner to work when I am at home.

Just sent my last few Scout emails for the evening.

G'night Johnboy.

IMG_0427.jpeg

• Heart 4

13 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Hope I can stay up for all of "All Creatures Great and Small"

I missed the first two episodes for this season. I can either wait for reruns or pay about $4 each for the first two on Amazon. I've been recording the rest of them.

I've read all the books and watched the original series a couple of times.

7 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I missed the first two episodes for this season. I can either wait for reruns or pay about $4 each for the first two on Amazon. I've been recording the rest of them.

I've read all the books and watched the original series a couple of times.

Your PBS doesn't offer the Passport app?

• Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

????  Ground beef for chili?  Shirley that is not done in TX!

I am shocked!

They were out of chili meat and had no chili grind.  They did have some packages of stew meat, but at $9.00 per pound I could not go that route.   This is a dish for a potluck dinner at Scouts and I probably have $40 in it....  

• Hugs 1

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

They were out of chili meat and had no chili grind.  They did have some packages of stew meat, but at $9.00 per pound I could not go that route.   This is a dish for a potluck dinner at Scouts and I probably have $40 in it....  

Ah, this makes sense now.

Couldn't you have put in some beans to reduce the overall cost?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I thought a REAL Texan would use armadillo for their chili.  Don't you have any laying by the side of the road?  

• Like 1