Speaking of Couches

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Shu Fang Bastard,

On 2/5/2024 at 4:30 PM, Shu Fang said:

Fuck yes.  Orange Seikos are my favorite.  Seriously.

Enjoy the sweeping hand and welcome to the addiction.

Couch

The band is one or two links short.  Can one buy just links for a Seiko band?

IMG_0442.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

image.jpg

I have two watches collecting dust but I can’t seem to get myself to unload them.  One is a Tag 1000 which I see sometimes listed for several grand on eBay.  

The two up top I don’t wear, a Seiko & the Tag.  The black one my oldest brother gave me before he died and my every day work watch.   I usually wear the black one on Friday’s so it gets some sunlight to charge it up. 
IMG_1647.thumb.jpeg.9c0a7be1821026ca7bdd21229ca6a806.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I have two watches collecting dust but I can’t seem to get myself to unload them.  One is a Tag 1000 which I see sometimes listed for several grand on eBay.  

The two up top I don’t wear, a Seiko & the Tag.  The black one my oldest brother gave me before he died and my every day work watch.   I usually wear the black one on Friday’s so it gets some sunlight to charge it up. 

I was very hard on watch bands when I was younger and I have several Seiko and Citizen chronos like the one up top sitting in a box of broken watches.  I have one Seiko 5 with a champagne colored face that needs lots of work.  New dial, new band, new bezel.  I may ask @Shu Fang to tell me if it is worth fixing.

I have grown away from chronographs and moved towards very simple watches as you can see in my current collection.  I wear the green Fossil and the orange Seiko the most.  The two big watches on the left are Invictas that I picked up very cheap.  The one with the red and blue bezel was only $39.00 on close out from Invicta.  They are heavy and BIG, like hard to get long sleeve dress shirt over them big.

The white faced Timex on the end is my camping / scouting watch.  Has my RoadID on it with contact info and Type II diabetic tab and it lights up at night with the Indiglo feature.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Here are my old, broken watches
image.thumb.png.f917ba75248a790bbb356f5808b47637.png

Here is the beat up Seiko Diver.  Probably not worth saving.

image.thumb.png.8666b8a40d61097eb4210938cef72194.png

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

I was very hard on watch bands when I was younger and I have several Seiko and Citizen chronos like the one up top sitting in a box of broken watches.  I have one Seiko 5 with a champagne colored face that needs lots of work.  New dial, new band, new bezel.  I may ask @Shu Fang to tell me if it is worth fixing.

I have grown away from chronographs and moved towards very simple watches as you can see in my current collection.  I wear the green Fossil and the orange Seiko the most.  The two big watches on the left are Invictas that I picked up very cheap.  The one with the red and blue bezel was only $39.00 on close out from Invicta.  They are heavy and BIG, like hard to get long sleeve dress shirt over them big.

The white faced Timex on the end is my camping / scouting watch.  Has my RoadID on it with contact info and Type II diabetic tab and it lights up at night with the Indiglo feature.  

Which one is the Seiko 5 with the Champagne dial?  Is it the quartz you posted?

Rick

12 minutes ago, Shu Fang said:

Which one is the Seiko 5 with the Champagne dial?  Is it the quartz you posted?

Rick

Yes. 5H26-7A10.   You told me before that dial is broken, something about lugs or pins.

I am going to see if it runs if I replace battery and then may try to find dial and bezel and put another seiko band or rubber strap on it.

Who do you use for watch repair? 

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I didn't get it until this morning.

When I first saw it I assumed it was an insult pointed at me.  In 10, 9, 8,... I'd figure it out.

Why would you assume I would insult you?  I hope you do not take my smart ass posts as insults.  Not my intent.  If I offended you, I am truly sorry and ask your forgiveness.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Why would you assume I would insult you?  I hope you do not take my smart ass posts as insults.  Not my intent.  If I offended you, I am truly sorry and ask your forgiveness.

Lifelong insecurity and assumption that laughter is always aimed at me.

I'm a little hardered to it at this point and pretty hard to offend.

I took no offense to your post.

• Hugs 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

I am so tempted to get one but cant justify the price. 

I suggest holding out.

If you need the latest and greatest the Epix 3 and fenix 8 are likely to be out this year.  Probably merged into one.

You can either get that, or a deal on an "older" fenix or Epix.

I will get the Epix 3 when it comes out.

• Awesome 1

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I suggest holding out.

If you need the latest and greatest the Epix 3 and fenix 8 are likely to be out this year.  Probably merged into one.

You can either get that, or a deal on an "older" fenix or Epix.

I will get the Epix 3 when it comes out.

Thank you!

• Yum 1

41 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes. 5H26-7A10.   You told me before that dial is broken, something about lugs or pins.

I am going to see if it runs if I replace battery and then may try to find dial and bezel and put another seiko band or rubber strap on it.

Who do you use for watch repair? 

You might want to reach out to https://kleinvintagewatch.com/

He has a LONG waiting list but he is the best regarding Seiko in my opinion.

Couch

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Shu Fang said:

You might want to reach out to https://kleinvintagewatch.com/

He has a LONG waiting list but he is the best regarding Seiko in my opinion.

Couch

Thanks Man!  I am afraid the cost to repair is more than the watch is worth.   But I will reach out.  Or I may try my hand at some watch repair.  

1 minute ago, Shu Fang said:

Yes.  But I don't work on other's watches.  

I have a tremor in my right hand.

Couch

I was not asking you too, realize it came across that way.  Was wondering if I acquired an automatic movement, dial and bezel if I could install them in that case?  It does nothing but sit in a drawer now, so I got nothing to lose.  Might try to find a yellow aqua dial, as those are my current itches that need scratching.  I would use the youtubes and the googles and the 5g wifis to acquire knowledge and guidance.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I was not asking you too, realize it came across that way.  Was wondering if I acquired an automatic movement, dial and bezel if I could install them in that case?  It does nothing but sit in a drawer now, so I got nothing to lose.  Might try to find a yellow aqua dial, as those are my current itches that need scratching.  I would use the youtubes and the googles and the 5g wifis to acquire knowledge and guidance.

I'm almost afraid to post this here.

https://longislandwatch.com/watch-mod-parts/?p=2

Couch

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

The Morris Day time is now 1 oh we oh we oh clock.

58 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Who here beside us three and @groupw are going to get that reference?

56 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I think @Dottleshead and @Razors Edge are into that sort of thing.  @TrentonMakes and @dinneR for sure will get it.

I called myself out in the other thread.  Sadly I did not get this reference.  I might know about it but I do not get that reference. But maybe I really do get it but either don't remember or intentionally forgot because it face value it's the type of thing I'd like to forget.