Hey Diabetics

ChrisL

This looked interesting. I am not diabetic but I would not be surprised if I have metabolic syndrome. 
https://www.fastcompany.com/90991143/virta-ozempic-glp-corporate-america-secret-weapon

Man, that mention of metabolic syndrome sent me off to Dr. Google. (I know - don’t do that!)

So 1 in 3 Amurricans over 50 have metabolic syndrome. Damn!  Obviously my diet and exercise regimen of a seefood diet and one mile dog walk walk per day with light dumbbell work is snot cutting it. I am below 100 fasting glucose but am solid in two of the symptoms, excess abdominal weight and high blood pressure. In any case, I need to go full dottles!  That is really my main reason to retaar. Past time to take care of this. Although even though my work is sedentary, it does mostly keep me away from food. :D

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

This looked interesting. I am not diabetic but I would not be surprised if I have metabolic syndrome. 
https://www.fastcompany.com/90991143/virta-ozempic-glp-corporate-america-secret-weapon

Man, that mention of metabolic syndrome sent me off to Dr. Google. (I know - don’t do that!)

So 1 in 3 Amurricans over 50 have metabolic syndrome. Damn!  Obviously my diet and exercise regimen of a seefood diet and one mile dog walk walk per day with light dumbbell work is snot cutting it. I am below 100 fasting glucose but am solid in two of the symptoms, excess abdominal weight and high blood pressure. In any case, I need to go full dottles!  That is really my main reason to retaar. Past time to take care of this. Although even though my work is sedentary, it does mostly keep me away from food. :D

Me too...

3 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Me too...

I hear cycling is a good exercise!  Tons more time efficient than walking, far far better for your joints  than running.  The main downside is the possibility of getting run over. :(  Or crashing.  

Cold and dark are also issues. For some reason I got oot of the habit thinking it is too time consuming. I need to get over that. 

I am not on insulin but have been taking metformin and working on lowering my A1C.  I took the steps to meet with Endocrinology to get one of those fancy blood sugar monitoring thingies.  

Let me know how this works out for you.  

• Heart 1