There seem to be an abundance of need to build stealth bushwhacking shelters with no tools...

Randomguy

...on youtube.  Why so many?  Do so many folks suddenly find themselves alone in the woods with no tools and no notice, who also have to camp in winter without bedding, but also remain super stealthy?

In what scenario does this make sense?

• Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

...on youtube.  Why so many?  Do so many folks suddenly find themselves alone in the woods with no tools and no notice, who also have to camp in winter without bedding, but also remain super stealthy?

The government is coming to get them..........at least in their minds.

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

First they come for your guns, but THEN...it is your tools!

In these videos, the folks setting up these shelters don't seem to have guns either, as if such a thing is even possible. 

Is it possible that an Obama-level event has already occurred, making these shelters necessary?

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

In these videos, the folks setting up these shelters don't seem to have guns either, as if such a thing is even possible. 

Is it possible that an Obama-level event has already occurred, making these shelters necessary?

I believe they were trying to get to China and that is where they popped up!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I believe they were trying to get to China and that is where they popped up!  

Stealthy as moles!

I made the mistake of clicking on one video, and now I have a steady feed of these.   Now I am convinced I can't leave the house without two emergency mylar blankets, a knife that is also a fire-starting kit, a tarp, a handsaw, and a fair bit of cordage, but NO TOOLS!   Yep, no tools is the important bit, the most important bit.

• Haha 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

Stealthy as moles!

I made the mistake of clicking on one video, and now I have a steady feed of these.   Now I am convinced I can't leave the house without two emergency mylar blankets, a knife that is also a fire-starting kit, a tarp, a handsaw, and a fair bit of cordage, but NO TOOLS!   Yep.

A good bush whacking knife is a tool!  And where I come from, a handsaw is yep, you guessed it, A TOOL!!!     

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

A good bush whacking knife is a tool!  And where I come from, a handsaw is yep, you guessed it, A TOOL!!!     

You are pulling my leg, right?  The videos wouldn't make sense if you called tools 'tools'. this couldn't possibly be the case!

Btw, how many tarps and mylar blankets do you have on your person right now?

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

You are pulling my leg, right?  The videos wouldn't make sense if you called tools 'tools'. this couldn't possibly be the case!

Yes, I am pulling your leg with the man trap I just built using some paracord, a hand saw, my bushcraft knife and a hammer I made from a branch and a rock.  But no tools.

• Heart 1

I like this guys channel.  He has a nice balance of family and alone life and builds his cabins with wood he harvests.  The early cottage was all hand tools, the second, he uses a lot of power tools.  Nice off-grid wilderness life though.   Maybe that is what people seek. 

At first it's interesting especially if you're like me and hike alone in the woods a lot. You know, just in case.

But then I started seeing more and more of this crap. Oh for God's sake! You're just coming up with this crap for your YouTube obsession! ugh......

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Many of them need mental health help that America doesn't want to provide.

There is an area between large groups of trees that runs 100 yards or so through a park near me that is filled with homeless people who have built lean-to's and cardboard shacks to fill the sides.

When I was cross country coach of the nearby high school in the '80's, I used that park for my 3-mile cross country course and part of it ran through that area - then no homeless at all.  Back then we first began to see people begging at street corners, something we never saw before.

The funding for mental health hospitals began to be severely cut then and now there are only 50% as many beds as in 1980.

The attitude of the American People seems to be, "Don't touch my tax dollars for such people when they know how to build lean-to's and stand near red lights."