If I had a private jet, I would go everywhere in it

Randomguy

34 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Just saying.  Why use anything else?

Hard to park at Wegmans. That said, I could take the jet to Leesburg, VA, and then use their courtesy car to drive to Wegmans. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Just saying.  Why use anything else?

Fuel costs.  It's the reason I sold my 21' tri-hull pleasure boat with cuddy cabin and 210 HP V6 inboard-outdrive motor. Gasoline went from $1+ in the 90's to $5+ on the water in 2008.  We burned about 60 of the 73 gal. gas tank trolling for rockfish (striped bass) on the Chesapeake.  When it cost $15-$20 apiece for 4 guys to go out that was ok, when it cost $75 apiece and the limit was 2 rockfish each, it took too much fun out of it.  The gasoline for 7 fishing trips cost more than the $2000 marina or boatel annual fees.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

13 hours ago, Airehead said:

Hard to park at Wegmans. That said, I could take the jet to Leesburg, VA, and then use their courtesy car to drive to Wegmans. 

Courtesy car? You wouldn't need a courtesy car down here.  I'd swing out and bring you to that Wegmans! Or I bet @Parsnip Totin Jack or even @Zealot would pop by to give you a spin around town.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Fuel costs.  It's the reason I sold my 21' tri-hull pleasure boat with cuddy cabin and 210 HP V6 inboard-outdrive motor. Gasoline went from $1+ in the 90's to $5+ on the water in 2008.  We burned about 60 of the 73 gal. gas tank trolling for rockfish (striped bass) on the Chesapeake.  When it cost $15-$20 apiece for 4 guys to go out that was ok, when it cost $75 apiece and the limit was 2 rockfish each, it took too much fun out of it.  The gasoline for 7 fishing trips cost more than the $2000 marina or boatel annual fees.

can't put a price on great entertainment.  That is still cheaper than hookers and blow.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Airehead said:

I’d even give you a ride to Warrenton to visit the Wild Yeast Ranch. 

27 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Courtesy car? You wouldn't need a courtesy car down here.  I'd swing out and bring you to that Wegmans! Or I bet @Parsnip Totin Jack or even @Zealot would pop by to give you a spin around town.

Yep

8 hours ago, MickinMD said:

You don't buy a boat to save money 

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

I think that it would be cool to fly into the track in a helicopter, do the race and fly out. 

But most of the fun is hanging out in the pits tipping a few beers with everyone that you were racing that day. 

• Heart 2