My football dream

TrentonMakes

I remember I had one of those epic dreams that seemed to range across a lot of topics and a lot of settings.  This is the only part I really recall.  I was at some function - I think it was in my hometown, upstate NY - at which Joe Montana was being honored.  My college roommate was also there.  Somehow we arranged to get a photo of the three of us, with Montana in the middle.  However, this Montana looked like John Schneider in the Dukes of Hazzard days but with white hair.  I looked to my left at Montana - and found I was looking at him straight in the eye, even though I'm 8 inches taller.  It was like he was hovering above the floor, god-like.

And after the picture, I said, "thanks, Joe."  And then I realized it was disrespectful to call him by his first name. 

So I said, "I mean - Mr. Theismann."

and horrified by my error - wrong Joe! - I started to say "I mean - " but just scurried away.

:D sometimes you have to wonder how the brain works (or doesn't).

At the SF-Detroit game, Joe Montana came out to give some pregame thoughts, and I turned around and told the 49er fan behind me (with whom we'd chatted already) "I gotta tell you, it is pretty damn cool just to be in the same building as that guy."  He agreed.  I presume this is somehow related.  (The first SF-Cincy game, in 1982, was the first Super Bowl I ever watched.)

• Like 3