So I’m at the Sarasota airport waiting for my flight.

groupw

10 minutes ago, groupw said:

I grabbed a candy bar and bottle of water. There were no tips in the bucket for me at the self checkout. I’m very upset. Zero stars!

IMG_2458.jpeg

Do the major airlines fly in & out of there?  We usually fly into Tampa (we once had a screaming deal in to Orlando but the drive to Sarasota was miserable…).  

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Do the major airlines fly in & out of there?  We usually fly into Tampa (we once had a screaming deal in to Orlando but the drive to Sarasota was miserable…).  

I know Delta goes there. If the previous plane was going to Charlotte, that’s prolly American. 

• Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I’m flying American. Everything from PHX required 2 flights. I know Southwest is our company’s preferred airline. I had to change airlines and recheck my bags to another airline if I were to start with them. That was a hard no. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

So, your flight is delayed too?  Or you just had those folks cluttering your gate?  

Ours was fine. We just had a lot trying to figure out their plans. We just arrived at ORD. Kind of a roundabout way to get to PHX, but it was the shortest layover and overall trip time. 

Got to O’Hare with no issues. Lunch/dinner was some overpriced hot wings at a Cubs inspired place and the best of a not great selection of beers (Fist City IPA). Found some seats that were away from the hubbub across from the admiral club. Did some texting with the family and watched the rain. Grabbed an obscenely priced Starbucks and went to the plane. 
We boarded on time, but planes were about 20 deep waiting for takeoff. Took an extra 30 minutes to get in the air. 
I had been lucky to get a window seat on the 3 previous flights, but this one was packed and the best I could get was a middle seat just behind the wing. The guy by the window was athletic large, but he was fine. The guy on the aisle was kind of an entitled jerk. He kept trying to manspread into my space. When I’m in the middle, I’m pretty much resigned to not getting an arm rest on most flights. But I kind of have a Les Nessman invisible boundary that is mine in that confinement and don’t cross it. 
He was working on his laptop and his elbow kept getting over the arm rest so I would bump his arm while he was typing. His knee kept crossing the line so I would just rub my knee against his. It was hilarious how fast his knee would move back!  
The rest of the flight was uneventful and landed about the same 30 minutes behind. Taking comp time today. 
saw these boxes at O’Hare by the security gates. Weed is legal in IL, so I guess if they detect they just tell people if you get caught it’s on you, but you can drop it there to avoid trouble. Does that sound right?

IMG_2459.jpeg