Jump to content

I am tired of chicken


Randomguy

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Further said:

The steak I had the other day contained no chicken. Neither did the bean burritos. The rotisserie chicken I had tonight however, was all chicken. 

It is not that i dislike chicken, although boob meat is pretty plain, flavorwise.  It is just that it is the automatic assumption now that chicken should be in most meat dishes offered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure what part of the planet that you are living on @Randomguy but where I live, which happens to be TEXAS, if you did not know, we are free to choose what we eat.   I do not recall any of the dining establishments I frequent having an asterisk next to items and note at the bottom of the menu alerting you to the fact that this dish may contain chicken.  

If I want chicken, I order chicken.  If I want beef, I order beef.  It is a system I came up with years ago and it works well for me.  You should try it.*

 

*This post contains the word chicken multiple times.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I am not sure what part of the planet that you are living on @Randomguy but where I live, which happens to be TEXAS, if you did not know, we are free to choose what we eat.   I do not recall any of the dining establishments I frequent having an asterisk next to items and note at the bottom of the menu alerting you to the fact that this dish may contain chicken.  

If I want chicken, I order chicken.  If I want beef, I order beef.  It is a system I came up with years ago and it works well for me.  You should try it.*

*This post contains the word chicken multiple times.

 

I find menus sometimes are even divided up by protein types! Might have a chicken, pork, beef, fish, and vegetarian section!  INSANITY!

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2024 at 1:22 PM, Randomguy said:

Why is it in every damn thing?   Beef tastes better than chicken, I don't think there is any debate unless you are some sort of ultra-wierdo.  Pork is fine, too, but it isn't in everything.

There is too much chicken.

I always have steak, beef cubes for stew, and hamburger in my freezer, but chicken is a lot cheaper.  Get some good seasonings or coatings and it's better than good - sprinkle Weber's BBQ Rub on it.

They sell what's listed as 3.5 lb but is closer to 4.5 lb rotisserie chicken at Costco for $4.99.  It makes 6 meals for me including stock to make 4 cups of gravy for some chicken on gravy bread meals.  I get it about once a month and add Weber's BBQ Rub.

When 14 members of our extended family spent a week at Deep Creek Lake and Wisp Resort in Western, MD in 2017, we decided on 2 dinners at a restaurant, otherwise home cooking in the modern cabin on the lake that we rented.

I volunteered to cook one dinner and it cost me less than I spent on my two nice-quality-restaurant dinners.  I bought a bunch of 35 cents/14.5 oz cans of cut green beans from Aldi, a bunch of 75 cents Kraft-copycat boxes of mac and cheese plus Weber BBQ Rub and a small bottle of cooking oil for the chicken at Walmart, and decided to buy the dessert, butter, milk, and chicken locally in Western MD.  It turns out they were MUCH cheaper at the local Walmart there than around Baltimore.  I bought a ton of legs and thighs for something around $0.65/lb.  We were snacking on chicken or making chicken sandwiches for lunch for a few days.

This or the dry rub are interchangeable and works on chicken, pork, beef, and seafood - it's a nice add to tuna salad:

WeberBBQSeasoning.JPG.b65c25deff1f93ad5ea748595a0d4b3e.JPG

 

 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I always have steak, beef cubes for stew, and hamburger in my freezer

In restaurants out here, you often see only one beef special of the day and burgers, and about a dozen or so chicken dishes.   I will just come to your freezer and take the beefy stuff, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

In restaurants out here, you often see only one beef special of the day and burgers, and about a dozen or so chicken dishes.   I will just come to your freezer and take the beefy stuff, thanks!

Have you tried chicken feet?  It would give you a bit of variety on your chicken.

 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...