It has also been a day here, and deathbed regrets

Randomguy

#8  I wish I had lots of wild and crazy nights

This actually isn't a regret of mine, because I do still have wild and crazy nights from time to time.  Lots of folks miss out on lots of living, though, so this seems a common regret.  

I do have regrets, but fortunately I am not on my deathbed or death couch or death chair or anything.  

• Heart 3

Randomguy has me rethinking my life though.  I was blessed with this lesson early on but lost touch with it.  I don't see why I should keep working for my corporate landlords and afraid to retire because I may not have enough money based on how long I live.  Screw it.  I'll go somewhere else where I do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Went to John's funeral today.  Person after person spoke about how John was an inspiration to them.  He spent the last 36 years of his life in a wheelchair but I never remember hearing him complain and I cannot count how many times he asked how I was doing and told me how much he valued our friendship.   Person after person said the same thing, including both his brothers.

#9-- Not taking the time to call or text or make plans and actually see friends and family face to face.   

Technically, that would be number 4, I suppose, but that is one I need to be better at.

Just now, jsharr said:

Can you list your five so we can compare?

I’ll have to get back to you on that. After I do some shopping for a fabulous deathbed. With lots of pillows and a soft throw blanket. And a room with a spectacular mountain and ocean view to put the bed into. And some soft pajamas. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

There are some friends I wished I had stayed in touch with and some stupid mistakes I made socially, professionally, and financially.

But when I look at the things I accomplished and the comfort of my retirement compared to friends and relatives, I'm satisfied with what I did.  Most retirees I know didn't have the experiences I've had and are not in stress-free retirements as I am.

I'm most satisfied when I consider the poverty in which I grew up and the opportunities my parents and I didn't know about or couldn't afford.

• Heart 1