Super Bowl snacks

Airehead

A bag of On the border Cantina style chips

One can of spicy Mexican cheese dip

One jar of Black Bean Salsa

A spoonful of diced jalapenos

A dash of BBQ sauce

Bake lightly in oven

Maintain a Taylor Swift watch while munching and eyeballing the container of tums while rereading the deathbed regrets thread.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

After glue removal Saturday....I have to get stuff put away on Sunday..I seem to lose energy when the sun goes down...so don't want too much left on my to do list after Sunday...

Winter is like that

• Heart 1

When my son was little we started doing a big Super Bowl feast.  20 years later we still do and it’s grown from  just the two of us to my sister, her partner, my sons friend, SIL, Sons GF… 

On the menus is pork & chicken satay, wings, “pink salad” or Huazaren Slaw, sister is doing a cheese plate, chips & salsa and whatever else I grab today. 

• Heart 1
  • Yum 2

Probably nothing. Our son doesn't have a TV that gets any network channels just Hulu besides racing starts next weekend and we still have to fit into our leathers. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

I’m not sure. My BiL invited us to his house to watch the game. But he didn’t say anything about food, and I haven’t planned anything. 

I would ask what the plans are. You may arrive and find nothing planned. I don’t know your BIL, but my BIL is LAJ and he would have enough sugar free soda and a bag of chicharrones for him and not plan anything for you. 

• Sad 1

I just made spinach dip for tomorrow. Spinach, cream cheese, homemade mayonnaise, diced water chestnuts, vegetable soup mix, Mexican cheese, paprika, and chipotle pepper. 

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Lower peninsula pasties are better.

No snacks.  There’s a football game going on.

Are lower peninsula pasties the ones bought at the gas station as opposed to homemade? Convenience doesn’t equate to better. Just my opinion. 

• Heart 2

Change of plans here. We will need to eat the leftovers from lunch at the Ukrainian place. We got way to much food. My Borscht was a meal in itself. So we have cabbage rolls, potato pancakes, and probably a half dozen varenyky.   Also really interesting and delicious pickled red tomatoes. 

IMG_0380.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Yum 2

1 hour ago, groupw said:

Taking some green chili cheddar dip from Costco and some crackers to the party. If I hadn’t traveled for work this week, I may have put on more effort. 

It will be a hit. 

• Heart 1

My brother in law with a huge appetite is coming over. He’s the one who declined a scholarship to play Defensive Line for Penn State. Big guy. And his Canadian/Jamaican girlfriend. They’re bringing bbq chicken. These are just the snacks.

IMG_3631.jpeg

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

@ChrisL and @Parsnip Totin Jack, you guys are killing me with those pictures! So yummy looking. 

(How’s your kitchen remodel coming, Parsnip?)

More plans than money to pay for it. Mrs Parsnip has added flooring upgrades to the mix. It appears to be a slow build. 

• Heart 2

On the Border Cantina chips.  Desert Pepper slightly spicy queso.  Texas Caviar salsa.  Sweet Baby Ray honey chipotle bbq sauce.  Diced pickled jalapenos.  6 min in the oven at 350 just to make everything runny.  Looks like this.  Tastes great, trust me.

IMG_0796.thumb.JPG.2113e4bfb64dfe2b4222f95d69c82506.JPG

Edit:  youngest son started coughing when he came upstairs while it was in the oven.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

Here is the “pink salad”.  Green beans, peas, carrots, onion, beats, pineapple & chopped eggs. Dressing is mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt & cracked pepper.  If you want to try it, make it the day before you want to serve,  it never tastes right at first.  
IMG_1642.thumb.jpeg.104840f7d9ff2b516eb045f2bc250b38.jpeg

• Yum 2