Started dinner for tonight

maddmaxx

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Finished the peeling, cutting, stirring and mixing for the beef stew I'm making today.

2 lbs sirloin tips, 3 cups of cut up potato, 2/3 cup of chopped carrots, 2/3 of chopped onions and 2/3 cups of green beans.  Added 1 packet of McCormlck slow cooker beef stew seasoning to 1 1/3 cup of water and set on low in crock pot for 8 hours.

Did you really measure?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Finished the peeling, cutting, stirring and mixing for the beef stew I'm making today.

2 lbs sirloin tips, 3 cups of cut up potato, 2/3 cup of chopped carrots, 2/3 of chopped onions and 2/3 cups of green beans.  Added 1 packet of McCormlck slow cooker beef stew seasoning to 1 1/3 cup of water and set on low in crock pot for 8 hours.

My sister's been canning like crazy since last summer and gave me a quart of beef stew.  I would have gone for more potatoes and less beef but sure can't complain.  I also have 16 oz. of my homemade beef stew in the freezer to use up.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I had tuna fish and relish on crackers. I prefer eating it as a dip rather than a sandwich. May eat some soup later after I warm up from doing chores. Currently 25F headed for a low pf 17F. Really not bad for this time of the year.

That is how I like it too. Not on bread. 

• Heart 1

Threw together at home, stir-fried thin egg noodles with snow peas, gai lan, mushrooms, red pepper, onions, garlic and minced ginger root.  

I know...not exactly celebratory.  I was too lazy to walk in a different direction to order a small clutch of dim sum...which I suspect restaurants today, are going crazy with sit-down restaurant patrons.  I had no desire to wait around for a prepped take-out meal in a restaurant overflowing with guests.

But it was an Asian home dinner...as usual.  :party: It's a very mindless dinner for me to prep.....like many other dishes I cook at home. 

My own Toronto family had their restaurant Chinese New Year's meal last weekend....probably because a sibling has a work shift this weekend.  I repeat:  My family considers a Chinese restaurant meal a novelty..many dishes we don't cook at all or that's not how we do it at home.  ie. I personally don't know anyone that makes BBQ duck at home.

Chicken soup is coming together on the stove. I’d frozen some home made noodles, and they stuck together. So, I managed to pull a few apart, but then sliced up the rest. It’s more like chicken noodly stuff than chicken noodle. 

Edit: I wrote this reply at 1:00 this afternoon. I thought I touched submit, but it didn’t post. The soup was delicious. Served with sandwich rolls I sliced crosswise and toasted. 

IMG_5817.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Yum 1
  • Like 1