I'm going in! Sort of. Maybe. Odd dryer symptoms

Ralphie

Our ancient 1986 gas dryer will sometimes run for a few seconds and sometimes not start atoll.  We have been having trouble with the door switch, so I guess that would 'splain the not starting atoll, but running only for a few seconds sounds more like a motor relay to me.  Anyhoo, time to at least get access to the door switch which has so far eluded me.  Or also possibly time to finally replace it. :(

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

Our ancient 1986 gas dryer will sometimes run for a few seconds and sometimes not start atoll.  We have been having trouble with the door switch, so I guess that would 'splain the not starting atoll, but running only for a few seconds sounds more like a motor relay to me.  Anyhoo, time to at least get access to the door switch which has so far eluded me.  Or also possibly time to finally replace it. :(

Did you ever get the door switch replaced on your ditch watcher? 

10 minutes ago, smudge said:

Keep the old equipment running! Sad that new stuff is such crap.

Doh!  What a bozo move!  I had been thinking the door latch had the switch in it - nope!  A few videos showed me the correct location of the switch and a little pressure at that spot was all it took!  Back in busyness! So on to trying to fix burned oot Christmas tree bubs. :(  But first I need to walk the dog. Yeah, that's it!

• Awesome 1
  • Like 3

• Ralphie changed the title to I'm going in! Sort of. Maybe. Odd dryer symptoms