Will you watch the Super Bowl tomorrow?

Kirby

Will you watch all of the Super Bowl?  If so, will you watch all of it including the pre-game, anthem, the game itself, half time and the commercials?   Will you skip in and out and watch parts of it?  Does it depend on how close the game is?  Or will you be watching the Gilligans Island marathon on Catchy TV?

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Will you watch all of the Super Bowl?  If so, will you watch all of it including the pre-game, anthem, the game itself, half time and the commercials?   Will you skip in and out and watch parts of it?  Does it depend on how close the game is?  Or will you be watching the Gilligans Island marathon on Catchy TV?

I'll be at a party, so there will be some talking, catching up while reload my food plate, etc. so I'll miss a few plays, but I'll watch almost all of it.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

Probably, but wondering if there will be a Hilton commercial. A few months ago I saw this huge film crew at my neighbor across the street house. Asked him when we were both out walking, and Hilton paid him to use the house as a set for a commercial. Don't know when it is coming out, but said would give me a copy when released. The storyline was what could go wrong with an airBnB such as couldn't get in combo lock wrong, pushed son over gate/fence and got into back, and once inside list of disasters - no wifi, etc. Then closes with Hilton service to the rescue. I am waiting to see it.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

I'll start watching shortly before kick-off at 6:30.  I will catch about 1/2 the commercials and will not watch the half-time show.  I'll stay with the game thru the handing out of the Vince Lombardi trophy as well as the MVP trophy.

#GoChiefs

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

No, will probably watch a women's basketball game on Peacock or a movie. Not sure what time the Super Bowl is on tv.

Watching any game in particular?  Iowa plays Nebraska at 1 pm on Fox, and Caitlin Clark is 39 points away from breaking the Plum's scoring record.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Airehead said:

No, I never watch all of anything.  Willlookin while we eat snacks. What time does it start?

Kick off show including the anthem etc. starts at 6:00 and the game is listed as starting at 6:30 on CBS.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Watching any game in particular?  Iowa plays Nebraska at 1 pm on Fox, and Caitlin Clark is 39 points away from breaking the Plum's scoring record.

We try to watch Iowa when we can. How about her teammate that scored 47 in their last game? Marquette vs. Villanova was  a good game today. 

• Heart 2

Going to a friend of WoW’s house for a SB party. Going to be a lot of middle aged women and some husbands and SOs. TV sets in the garage and living room and a projector in the backyard. Even so, I have a feeling it would be hard to watch if I was paying much attention. I’m wearing my hearing aids so I can filter the noise. Some of the ladies have rather shrill voices. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

We make a family pool with small winnings at the quarters, the half, and final score. So, I’ll be there for the whole game. I still haven’t figured out what food to bring. In-laws said they’re making wings and hot dogs. Maybe I should make cookies. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

We try to watch Iowa when we can. How about her teammate that scored 47 in their last game? Marquette vs. Villanova was  a good game today. 

I didn't hear of that, but I did see the University of So Cal player who scored 51 points last week.   Nice to see the games getting coverage.

Yup! Looking forward to it! It's quite the spectacle, and I enjoy it. Two teams I am interested in, so that's great. Love the commercials, so that's always fun. I just have to decide on supper. Pizza or (my) traditional ham sandwich from Oven King. 🤔

Ooh, either way I need to pick up some beer. 

@groupw, come on over. Nice and quiet here with some good football talk. 👍

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, Kirby said:

Depends on the closeness of the game, but I will definitely be tuned in for at least the first half.  I'll have it on the channel ahead of time, and will likely cycle through the DVR's tuners to periodically see what's going on before the game. But if it is not a close game, or it is just a "boring" game, I'll surely fizzle out way before the end.

• Heart 1