So sections 3 and 4 of the Christmas tree are fully lit now

Ralphie

The bottom 1 and 2 sections are much bigger so only maybe 70-80% now.  I have replaced nearly one metric crap ton of bulbs so far.  Way too much work to ever do before Christmas when putting the tree up. This really illustrates the pay me now or pay me later principle. Not keeping up with burned out bulbs annually really cost me. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ralphie said:

The bottom 1 and 2 sections are much bigger so only maybe 70-80% now.  I have replaced nearly one metric crap ton of bulbs so far.  Way too much work to ever do before Christmas when putting the tree up. This really illustrates the pay me now or pay me later principle. Not keeping up with burned out bulbs annually really cost me. 

I gotta say - a new tree would be more time and cost effective at this point.  This sort of bulb odyssey is throwing good time/money after things have turned bad.  

But you do need a proper hobby, I guess?

Most of our trees have LED lights and wired in such a way that if a few do go out, the other lights stay on.

But there was that one tree with the old incandescent lights. I worked on it for hours this past December using a Christmas Light Tester Non-Contact Voltage Tester that I got from Amazon. It's a cool tool and has other uses like seeing if things like a wall socket have electricity in it. But I finally gave up and just bought a strand of LED bulbs to replace the built in lights.