Favorite SB Halftime Show?

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I would like to hear one or two full songs not a mashup of 17 songs I do not know while going through 13 costume changes, pole dancers, roller skating and some strange robot rapper MC hype guy

This should be the solution, I feel.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

This should be the solution, I feel.

I'd just get rid of the marching bands, people on the field, other non-normal concert stuff, and let a band or singer perform their "normal" first set from their most recent concert.  Gotta hope a band/singer on tour has a tight show which could easily lift & shift to a 20 min spot at halftime? 

I saw a list of top SB halftime shows and Prince was up there.  Also noted was Bruno Mars performance in 2014.

I see Bruno Mars & Usher as contemporaries and I think Usher would have had more appeal around this time frame than now. Bruno Mars performed while he was still relevant. 

Just now, ChrisL said:

Bruno Mars

Yeah, I liked that show too.  And yes, "relevance" is important - even with the "classics" like the Stones or U2 or similar.  

Obviously, the best choice for THIS Super Bowl would have been Taylor Swift.  Top of her game, top of the charts, top of folks's minds.

Beyonce perhaps a in the past few years too.  

We're generally in the "older" demographic here, so maybe don't "get it" anymore, but while I thought Usher did fine once the show got through the early technical stuff and the other performers popped on - Alicia Keyes appearance kicked it up - but I also think the disjointed filming hurt a lot too.

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Chris... said:

They should have had Metallica on there in their prime. Or Rush 

I would settle for some unkowns that have good songs for a change.  And I definitely do not want 80 different unrelated acts or other people coming onstage, just sing your own damn songs.  

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I would settle for some unkowns that have good songs for a change.  And I definitely do not want 80 different unrelated acts or other people coming onstage, just sing your own damn songs.  

Now you are being Ludacris!

• Heart 1