Cold enough for you?

Road Runner

8 degrees, are you going to the beach?   :)

I know.  But this is extreme for here.  A lot of us here worry because many of our homes and infrastructures have never been subjected to temps much below 15 F and even then, it is usually only for, like one night, and then it warms up.   We have had several days now where the temps have not gone above 20F.  Lots of people are experiencing frozen pipes in their homes.  Even the main water lines under the streets are breaking as a result of the continuous cold. 

I know.  But this is extreme for here.  A lot of us here worry because many of our homes and infrastructures have never been subjected to temps much below 15 F and even then, it is usually only for, like one night, and then it warms up.   We have had several days now where the temps have not gone above 20F.  Lots of people are experiencing frozen pipes in their homes.  Even the main water lines under the streets are breaking as a result of the continuous cold. 

In a few months it might hit 80 here and people will be going around saying " hot enough for you". :) Frozen water lines suck. At least you should warm up soon.

Longjohn, on 20 Feb 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

This weather makes me wish I had managed to move my woodpile into the shed.  It's a real PITA digging through the snow at -15 to get firewood.  I hope my supply holds out until the weather breaks.

me too. I 'm looking at the calendar and the dwindling pile of wood...

last year I had 3 pieces of firewood and a couple of 2x6s left when it finally warmed up