Was Krazy's home in Ohio considered an attraction?

Road Runner

Cleveland is a wonderland of earthly delights, you should all check it out.

When I visited Cleveland I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  I want my two hours back, that was time wasted.  I visited The Flats, every city has dive bars and restaurants.  There is nothing special here either.  I went to Jacobs Field to buy a ticket for an Indians game.  Sold out.  What??!!  This is the Cleveland frickin' Indians they never sell out!  Apparently they did that year.  A new ball park and a record over .500 will do that for you I guess.  I watched the game at the Great Lakes brewery bar nearby.  That was the highlight of my trip.  The art museum is nice too.

When I visited Cleveland I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  I want my two hours back, that was time wasted.  I visited The Flats, every city has dive bars and restaurants.  There is nothing special here either.  I went to Jacobs Field to buy a ticket for an Indians game.  Sold out.  What??!!  This is the Cleveland frickin' Indians they never sell out!  Apparently they did that year.  A new ball park and a record over .500 will do that for you I guess.  I watched the game at the Great Lakes brewery bar nearby.  That was the highlight of my trip.  The art museum is nice too.

I too was soundly disappointed by the R&RHoF.  Amazing how they could take such a great subject and make it so boring.

And after 20 or so years, I still have fond memories of the Great Lakes Brewery. :D

Typical rookie mistakes.  It doesn't take much time to realize that you can only look at a few guitars and outfits before you are sick to death of something so boring.  The Flats was the place when I was in high school, and it was fun because it was a bunch of people you would associate with in college dive bars, but not in college.  It faded from there, been pretty much dead for a couple of decades now.  The indians draw well.  The art museum is considered a top-10 in the USA by everyone in the art world.  (RW is a museum snob, and has worked in NYC museums for about 15 years now, and has a very useful :huh: masters degree in art education).  I was very surprised at the quality of the building, exhibits, and weird people to look at.

Other than all that, Cleveland is a wonderland of earthly delights.

• Heart 1

As long as that place was there when I lived there, I never once had the want to go there.. The Rock and Roll hall of fame was a good place to trap tourists. The Flats was fun in the day.. Pre 1999 was when it was happening. I remember standing outside of the Odian for concerts with really cheep tickets! 

Classic SW Forum style debate!

Anxiously awaiting #7's reply.    :)  :popcorn:

Not worth the effort.  Rick is obviously a nice guy or he wouldn't be here.  It's a frame of reference dilemma.  Rick has probably lived in Ohio his whole life and has nothing to compare his life experience to.  Based on his experience, then yes Ohio is probably great.  I was born in Baltimore in the great state of Maryland.  The Land of Pleasant Living.  When I was 5, we moved to California.  I lived north of LA in the San Fernando Valley.  Swimming pools, movie stars.  True story: Danny Bonaduce (aka Ginger Partridge) lived 1/2 mile from me and was an asshole in real life.  He hung out with a posse of high school losers and picked on kids his own age cause he had a posse to back him up.  When I was 13 we moved to Virginia, just south of DC.  I lived there for 45 years.  It's my home.  Three years ago I moved to Ohio because my wife wanted to be there for her Mom in her final years. Mom just turned 90.  The in-laws are all a mess.  You've heard the stories.  It seems that if you're not from here, you're not from here.  The feeling I get is that I don't belong here.  That is why I can't wait to leave.  My wife and son have said that they feel the same, so it's not just me.  My last job in VA I was able to travel the world.  Italy, Spain, Japan, Guam, Iceland, CA, HI, WA, FL, SC, ME, TX, FL so it's not like I don't have a frame of reference.  

• Heart 1

Rick has probably lived in Ohio his whole life and has nothing to compare his life experience to.

You're wrong.  I lived in NC for 16 years.  I was in Delaware for about 6 months.  I've had the opportunity to travel with work as well.  I was born in Ohio, and I know it's not paradise, but I like it.  When I was in NC I felt the same way you do, I was not from there, and I was reminded of that often by the locals.  My kids were born there, and they are happy there.  I don't know what to tell you other than it is what you make it.  Sorry your stay in Ohio is to your disliking...  Maybe you should travel a bit north and we'll have a beer together.