Saturday

Parsnip Totin Jack

It's snowing.  We're supposed to get 3 to 5 inches.  My wife and LAJ are both sick with the flu.  I didn't sleep well Wednesday night so I called in sick on Thursday.  Slept until noon and felt better.  Today I'm making honey-wheat bread and a basic English pub-style ale.  Bittering hops are Galena (half oz) and Columbus (half oz), flavor hops Northern Brewer and dry hop with East Kent Goldings.

We are predicted anywhere between 0 and 10 inches.  We are getting freezing rain right now.  Roads are just supposed to be stupid out there.   Between the 15 inches that we got last week and the below zero temps the roads are just shit.

I am on call today, hoping to not have to travel.

Weather is still in a warm cycle here. 52F predicted with sunshine.

I slept great.  Feel very rested up from yesterday,  Weighed in at 122 today. My body composition is right where I want it. HR at 55 this morning.   :1:  Kicking so much ass here,I can hardly believe it.

Today is my hosted girly ride to the top of a mountain. There will be 6 of us riding.  The route is 42 miles and about 3K of climbing. Today should finish up my climbing challenge for Feb on Strava.  

When I get home I plan to clean the trailer and the house. We have the trailer set up in the driveway For dinner we are having hot pot soup and a spinach salad with currants and a nice simple dressing.  

• Heart 2

I have a light snow coming down now..but we are going to cool down again tonight..back to about -10 I think,

I am off to get a few groceries..I am going to make the veggie sambar from my Moosewood Cookbook and probably a baked tofu from one of their recipes....maybe some roasted veggies...or something to go with that bacon.....

I was surprised to see that our thermometer does indeed have two digits!. It's a balmy 19 right now!

Got groceries for myself and the forum, made my breakfast pizza for the week and divvied up my yogurt. Deciding what to make for supper and then may take the mutts and the snowshoes and go north.

I probably should go to the dump, but I think I can squeeze another week. Probably should go get a new desk for the new 'puter, but don't feel like it. Probably should go get dog food, but they can starve.

Might drink beer and kill stuff on the PS3 later.

We are predicted anywhere between 0 and 10 inches.  We are getting freezing rain right now.  Roads are just supposed to be stupid out there.   Between the 15 inches that we got last week and the below zero temps the roads are just shit.

I am on call today, hoping to not have to travel.

Hope you don't get called either.

A little chilly here this morning.  Supposed to get up to about 47 today with rain later.

Hopefully, that rain will make the ice go away.

I've no idea what I'm going to do today.

Probably go to my gun store & help out some then I thought about fixing some Fra Diavolo Shrimp & Scallops later this afternoon.

Tomorrow, maybe go see a movie...

I was surprised to see that our thermometer does indeed have two digits!. It's a balmy 19 right now!

Got groceries for myself and the forum, made my breakfast pizza for the week and divvied up my yogurt. Deciding what to make for supper and then may take the mutts and the snowshoes and go north.

I probably should go to the dump, but I think I can squeeze another week. Probably should go get a new desk for the new 'puter, but don't feel like it. Probably should go get dog food, but they can starve.

Might drink beer and kill stuff on the PS3 later.

:scratch head:

WTF?  

I was expecting much more from you.

I have to put hardwood flooring in the main level of the house.  Before that, I want to paint the walls but before that, I need to remove the popcorn ceiling the builder put in and change the lighting to LED.  I wonder if I can get it done before dinner guests arrive?

Yes.  As long as they don't arrive for at least 6 months.  

• Heart 1

Will that yeast starter work with your bread too?

Technically yes it would work but I'm sticking with Red Star for the bread and Safeale yeast for the beer.  There are thousands of variations of yeast.  Wild or brettanomyces yeast would work on bread too but I don't think you'd like the smell or the taste of the bread but you would like the beer.

SHE SAYS YOUR SLACKING! 

I went out and wrestled with the snowblower, went to the dump, went and bought a new computer desk assembled it and got the new computer all set up.

Any more cooking to be done is getting done tomorrow - when the stuff I took out defrosts.

I went out and wrestled with the snowblower

I attempted to wrestle with my snow blower.  I found out it doesn't go well in snow over a foot deep with different layers and textures.  I either broke the transmission or hopefully sheared some kind of pin. The blower part still works but the wheels don't go around.  It was a bitch dragging it back to the garage.  I knew it wasn't a good idea to try it.

I attempted to wrestle with my snow blower.  I found out it doesn't go well in snow over a foot deep with different layers and textures.  I either broke the transmission or hopefully sheared some kind of pin. The blower part still works but the wheels don't go around.  It was a bitch dragging it back to the garage.  I knew it wasn't a good idea to try it.

Probably shear pins.  Don;t ask me how I know that!  You're LHS should carry them for common snow blowers.

Probably shear pins.  Don;t ask me how I know that!  You're LHS should carry them for common snow blowers.

Hell, my snowblower has a little compartment right on the top for them!

I'd much rather shovel, but the snowblower is handy for cleaning out the second driveway, cleaning out the banks in front of the mailbox and cutting the banks back in the driveway I shovel.

We had a little dusting of snow when I went to the grocery store this AM...since no one here got me the unsweetened coconut...I just made a trip out for it...the roads are clear and wet..the sun is bright  on our thin blanket of white....

Do they charge more to unsweeten the coconut?  They usually charge more to decalf the coffee.