Decisions, decisions. What to drive?

Parr8hed

So I got called out.  Roads are shit.

I have a 4x4 Expedition and an Accord.  Both are decent in snow.  Both have traction control and all of that horseshit.  Expy prob has better taars, but the taars on the Accord are not bad.  Expy is not paid for, Accord is.  Would much rather crash the Accord.  The biggest issue is that the check engine light came on in the Expy yesterday.  A code about the throttle body.  Will have to replace it, but it runs fine right now.

AAAAAAND the expy is in the garage and will not need de-icing.  The ACcord is covered in ice and snow.

Both have heated seats.

Now which do I drive to the hospital in an hour?

You have ice. Ice means people will be doing stupid things. I would wrap my self in the most massive vehicle I own just for the layer of protection...

In that regard there is not much competition from the Accord.  The Expedition is just about the most massive thing on the road. (within reason)

My criterion during the winter is take the already salty one.  If both or neither are salty, then just throw a dice.  And I HATE losing already paid for cars!

both salty.  but the expy is comparatively clean in the garage.  I would spend 15 min getting the Accord into driveable shape.  And you are right, if I crash the expy then insurance pays for it.  If I crash the Accord it is worth way more to me than what the insurance could pay for it.  

both salty.  but the expy is comparatively clean in the garage.  I would spend 15 min getting the Accord into driveable shape.  And you are right, if I crash the expy then insurance pays for it.  If I crash the Accord it is worth way more to me than what the insurance could pay for it.  

:angry:  I cry every time I see a 98-02 Accord on the road now. :(

:(

I guess I'll have to move on and get sirius aboot replacing it.  Can;t decide between used and new - petite, help!  On the one hand, a 2008 Nissan Altima with 80-90k seems like a good deal at $6-$8k, but then again there is a lot to be said by just getting a new Civic for aboot $20k and being done with it for 10 years.  She is in med school so will be on the payroll for quite some time. :D  Some cow-workers say that kids NEVER come off the payroll. :D

• Heart 1

I bought a new Deawoo for my son to drive to college.  Within a month the check engine light came on.  The car had a worthless bumper to bumper warranty because the dealership was so incompetent. They replaced sensors, converters, even installed a brand new out of the crate engine.  The check engine light stayed on.  We had the car for maybe two years, about half of that time it was at the dealership. I finally traded it in of a new Chevy and a month later I got a recall notice on the Daewoo.  They said it had a defective check engine light.

• Heart 1

I bought a new Deawoo for my son to drive to college.  Within a month the check engine light came on.  The car had a worthless bumper to bumper warranty because the dealership was so incompetent. They replaced sensors, converters, even installed a brand new out of the crate engine.  The check engine light stayed on.  We had the car for maybe two years, about half of that time it was at the dealership. I finally traded it in of a new Chevy and a month later I got a recall notice on the Daewoo.  They said it had a defective check engine light.

Whew!  Glad I never went for the twoferone deal then. :D

This is hilarious.

You would have found the problem if there had been a test function to test the "check engine light".  A "check engine light" light.   :)  

• Heart 2